Master of Occupational Therapy FAQ's

Questions about the Bachelor of Health Science (Pre-OT) and Master of Occupational Therapy Program

What type of program is offered? 
We offer an entry-level combined Bachelor/Master of Occupational Therapy degree which means that our program is not designed for practicing occupational therapists. 

Do you accept students who already have a bachelor degree?  
We accept students with a bachelor degree in any field of study.  However, there are specific pre-requisites required:

Medical Terminology
Anatomy and Physiology I and II
Introduction to Occupational Therapy
12 credits in Psychology

Students without a bachelor degree will earn the Bachelor of Health Science degree from Baker College of Flint.

When can I apply to the Master of Occupational Therapy program? 
Only students who have been accepted into and complete the Pre-Occupational Therapy program at Baker College of Flint are eligible to apply for the Master of Occupational Therapy program. Contact Baker College of Flint Admissions at 1-800-964-4299 to enroll in the College.  Applications for both programs are obtained from the Dean.

Is the program offered online? 
No.  Neither program (Pre-OT nor MOT) are offered online. However, students may take pre-requisite and general education courses at any Baker campus including those offered online.

Where is the program offered?
OCC classes are offered ONLY in Flint.

What about transfer credit? 
Transfer credit is welcome but is determined by the Registrar and the Dean of the Master of Occupational Therapy program.  Special consideration of transfer credit is given to PTAs and COTAs seeking admission to the program.

The Baker College System