Residence Hall Coordinator (RHC)
Residence Hall Coordinators are professional staff members who reside in the residence hall facilities. They are responsible for the supervision of residence hall staff and the overall operation of the residence halls. Should you have any questions or concerns regarding residence hall policy or procedure, contact the Residence Hall Coordinator.
Resident Assistant (RA)
Resident Assistants are student staff members who reside in the residence hall facilities. Each resident is assigned a Resident Assistant (RA) who provides leadership and has had training in dealing with human relations. At least one Resident Assistant is always on duty and available in the residence halls. RAs are responsible for providing support and assistance to all residents in creating an atmosphere conducive to growth and learning.
Some of their areas of responsibility are to:
- Get to know each resident on his/her floor.
- Communicate with each resident regularly and frequently.
- Assist residents with peer guidance and conflict resolution.
- Guide residents in need of special help and counseling.
- Be visible in the building and available to all residents.
- Develop concepts of “community responsibility”.
- Be involved in group-building endeavors.
If you have any questions about ANYTHING at Baker College, your RA is the person to contact. If he/she does not know the answer to your question, the RA will know how to find someone who does.
The residence hall reception areas are staffed with student receptionists. They are the first people you see when entering a residence hall and are available to assist residents and their guests while at Baker College.