Resident Program

Resident Undergraduate or Graduate Programs

Baker College is authorized under the Immigration and Naturalization Service to enroll non-immigrant students who wish to pursue a full-time program of academic study and encourages applications from such persons.

Each applicant must have an official place of residence in his/her native country, to which he or she will return after completion of studies.

Baker College has a small population of international students and does not, therefore, maintain special international student services through an International Student Center.

Most of the students at Baker College come from the Michigan area. A large percentage of the students live at home and commute daily to the campus, although there are residence halls available to interested student on some campuses (Flint, Muskegon, Owosso only). Any international students wishing to live in the residence halls should be aware that the residence halls may close between terms.

Before Baker College can officially consider the application of any international student the following requirements must be met:

  • International students may not apply for the Baker College Aviation Program.
  • The student must have personal funds/ sponsor who can verify the availability of $22,200 (U.S. currency) for graduate programs and $24,120 (U.S. currency) for undergraduate programs for the first year (9 months) of study. This covers both tuition (for 3 quarters of study) and normal living expenses. All student visa candidates should be aware that no financial aid of any kind (scholarships, grants, loans, or employment) is available for international students. International students must deposit, in advance, an amount equal to at least the tuition, fees and books for the academic year. The deposit must be renewed prior to registering for the fall quarter of each succeeding year. Any unused amounts will be refunded to the original depositor. Students who are immigrating to the United States, and who have an Alien Registration Number (green card), may be eligible for financial aid.
  • The student must send transcripts (an official record) showing satisfactory completion of secondary school or its equivalent, as well as any post-secondary school (college/university). Transcripts in any language other than English must be accompanied by certified, literal English translations.
    Applicants must utilize a credit evaluating service approved by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services. These can be found at

The approximate fee for this service is $160.00. Arrangements should be made to have the evaluation sent directly to the Baker College campus of your choice.

  • All foreign students, as well as legal residents, must satisfy Baker College requirements by demonstrating that they are capable of competing with native speakers of English on equal terms.

 All students must be proficient in the English language before applying. Applicants are required to demonstrate their proficiency by meeting minimum standards on the Test for English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)

TOEFL Minimum Scores

Paper Test

Computer Test

Internet Test

Undergraduate Programs




Graduate Programs




Doctorate Programs




Official scores from the exam must be forwarded to Baker College before admission consideration.
Applications to take the TOEFL test must be made directly to Educational Testing Services (and not to Baker College). For information about test dates, fees, testing centers, and to obtain registration materials, contact:
TOEFL Services
P.O. Box 6151
Princeton, NJ 08541-6151
Phone: (609) 771-7100 or (877) 863-3546
Fax: (610) 290-8972
Web site:
Make arrangements with TOEFL Services to send your TOEFL scores directly to the Baker College campus of your choice.

  • A completed Sponsor Financial Support Form (if sponsor living within United States).
  • Baker College encourages international students to obtain health and accident insurance. The United States does not have free medical facilities. Consequently, medical insurance is a necessary health precaution during your studies at Baker College. This type of insurance is frequently available though your own country at affordable rates. If you do not have insurance coverage upon arrival, you should obtain insurance in the United States prior to enrolling at Baker College.
  • It is beneficial to request special instructions and application forms at least one year before the quarter of enrollment. Applications must be filed at least 90 days prior to the beginning of the quarter in which the student expects to enroll. If the application is approved, Baker College will mail a letter of acceptance and a Form I-20 directly to the student. Non-immigrant students will be required to present the I-20 upon application for a student visa in his/her own country and again upon arrival in the United States.

Baker College is ready to help you with this process. Please print the International Student PacketPDF. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view this Packet. To download a free copy of Acrobat Reader visit
Once you fill out and complete the International Student Packet please submit the information to the Baker College campus of your choice.

The Baker College System