Entrance Loan Counseling
Prior to receiving his/her first student loan for attendance at Baker College, students are required to complete an Entrance Counseling session. The counseling session is presented to you on-line and you will be instructed to click on a link below entitled “Entrance Counseling”.
CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING: ENTRANCE COUNSELING to begin you entrance counseling session at the Department of Education’s web site.
Note: It is critical that you select Baker College and do not select any of the branch campuses listed because all Entrance Counseling must be processed through the school listed as “Baker College”.
Instructions for Completing On-line Entrance Counseling
Please read through the following instructions carefully. The instructions will help prepare you to answer the information requested to complete your counseling session.
To navigate through the Department of Education’s web site, please follow the steps below.
- Click on the green and white “Sign In” button.
- Enter your social security number, the first two (2) letters of your last name, your date of birth, andyour Federal PIN (The same one that your use for your FAFSA). If you do not have a PIN, you can access the PIN site at the bottom of the box.
- Click the “Sign In” button.
- Once you have logged in, you will need to verify your personal information in the top section and add a valid e-mail address to your profile, if needed. Check the box if you would like to received correspondence electronically. If you enter any information in this area, click the “Update” button.
- Click on “Complete Entrance Counseling” and continue through the entrance counseling sections. It will take approximately 30 minutes to complete.
- In the School Information section, after you select the school state (Michigan), a drop down box will appear showing a list of school’s in Michigan. Scroll down and select Baker College. Note: It is critical that you select Baker College and do not select any of the branch campuses listed because all Entrance Counseling must be processed through the school listed as :Baker College”.
- Continue on through the entrance counseling information pages. Please make sure you read through this information carefully. If you have any questions, please contact your financial aid office.
- Complete the “Quiz” questions when they are presented.
- At the end of the counseling session you will see the following page.
- Print a copy of the confirmation page or write down your confirmation number for your records. Click on the “Print” button indicated above to print a copy. An electronic report will be sent to Baker College indicating that you have completed your Entrance Counseling.
- When all the information has been completed, you are done. Go to the tool bar and Logout.
If problems develop with the Entrance Counseling session, you will need to contact the Department of Education by sending an e-mail using the “Contact Us” tab in the upper right had corner of the web site.