Baker College Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship

Baker College Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship

Baker College provides tuition scholarships to associate degree graduates who are members of Phi Theta Kappa, who have achieved a cumulative college grade point averages of at least 3.5, and who have graduated from an accredited college or university with an associate degree within the past 12 months. Scholarship applicants will be judged and selected solely on the basis of academic performance (GPA) while in college and also a recommendation from a college staff or faculty member from the college attended. These scholarships can be worth up to one-half the cost of the student's tuition for the quarter enrolled and can be renewed each quarter provided the criteria are met. Financial need is not a criterion for this award. Total financial awards may not exceed the total cost of tuition, books, and dormitory (if applicable).

Requirements and Guidelines:
Recipients are required to be Phi Theta Kappa members in good standing, enroll and attend full-time in a Bachelor degree program at Baker College, and enter sometime during the academic year following completion of the associate degree. Recipients must maintain a minimum of 3.00 GPA while attending Baker College, and enrollment must be continuous with the exception of the summer quarter. The scholarship may be renewed for a maximum of 3 years.

How to Apply:
Graduates with a 3.5 GPA or higher interested in becoming candidates should request an application form. Please request a staff or faculty member to write a letter of recommendation and attach it to this application. Send all items from the list below to your local campus.

Required Application Materials:
Baker College must receive the following application materials if the student wishes to be considered for the Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship:

____ Application for admission to Baker College
____ Scholarship application form
____ One official letter of recommendation (faculty or staff member from college previously attended)
____ An official final high school transcript
____ An official college transcript
____ Completed application for Federal Student Aid

If you would like more information, please call the Admissions Office at your local campus.

Request an Application Form

The Baker College System