Unusual Enrollment History

Unusual Enrollment History

Beginning with the 2013-2014 academic year, the Department of Education is identifying students with an Unusual Enrollment History in an effort to prevent fraud and abuse in the Federal Pell Grant Program. Students are being notified by the Department of Education that their FAFSA is flagged for Unusual Enrollment History with a comment code (C code) on their Student Aid Report (SAR). Baker College cannot pay Title IV funds to students with Unusual Enrollment History C codes until there is adequate resolution outlined by the Department of Education.

If you have received a notice from Baker College that you have a C code related to Unusual Enrollment History, the following items are needed to determine your financial aid eligibility.

  • Log into the National Student Loan Database (NSLDS), www.nslds.ed.gov, using your Federal PIN number to determine the schools you received Pell Grant funds at during the 2010-2011, 2011-2012 and 2012-2013 academic years.
  • Complete the 2013-2014 Unusual Enrollment History Form and return it to Baker College Financial Aid Processing Center with all required documentation by the deadline for the quarter in which you are trying to receive financial aid funds.

Please note that if you did not earn at least one academic credit/clock hour at every institution you attended and received Pell Grant funds, you will be required to submit an explanation of the special circumstance that caused you to not earn credit/clock hours and documentation to support your explanation.

The deadlines* are as follows:

Summer 2013 deadline – June 21, 2013

Fall 2013 deadline – September 27, 2013

Winter 2014 deadline – January 10, 2014

Spring 2014 deadline – April 4, 2014

* Please note that you will have seven days from the date of notification or up to the deadline date (whichever comes later) to submit all of the required information requested to resolve your unusual enrollment history flag.

Baker College will review your 2013-2014 Unusual Enrollment History Form and communicate with you on your eligibility to receive financial aid funding. If your financial aid funding is reinstated, you will receive additional information from Baker College about the status of your FAFSA application.

The Baker College System