Teaching Opportunities

Teaching Opportunities

Undergraduate Courses

If you are interested in teaching undergraduate, on campus, courses for Baker College, please complete the Educational Interest and Work Experience Credentials form. If you are interested in teaching online, please see instructions below.

The minimum degree requirement for the following courses is a master’s degree in the content area:

  • Economics
  • Education
  • English
  • Geography
  • History
  • Humanities
  • Literature
  • Mathematics
  • Political Science
  • Psychology
  • Research
  • Science
  • Sociology
  • Spanish
  • Speech Communication
  • Writing

The minimum degree strongly preferred for all other courses offered by Baker College is a master’s degree.

Graduate/Online Courses

If you are interested in teaching graduate or online courses for Baker College, please follow the Prospective Faculty link found under the Baker Online tab, where you will be able to submit your faculty credentials.This credential submission tool only applies to Graduate and Online courses.

Faculty Credentials

In order to teach at Baker College, faculty are required to have earned degrees (i.e., not honorary) from regionally accredited institutions or the equivalent (if the degree is not from the United States). The following six regional accreditation commissions are recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and by the Council on Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) as the regional authority on the quality of institutions of higher education in the United States.

Middle States Commission on Higher Education
Accredits institutions in Delaware, District of Columbia, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, & Virgin Islands

New England Association of Schools & Colleges
Accredits institutions in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, & Vermont

The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association
Accredits institutions in Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Mexico, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, West Virginia, Wisconsin, & Wyoming

The Commission on Colleges and Universities of the Northwest Association of Schools and of Colleges and Universities
Accredits institutions in Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, & Washington

The Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
Accredits institutions Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia

Western Association of Schools and Colleges
Accredits institutions in California, Guam, & Hawaii

A database of institutions accredited by recognized United States Accrediting Organizations can be found at: http://www.chea.org/search/.

Faculty with academic degrees from countries outside the United States must have their transcripts evaluated by an independent third party to establish regional accreditation equivalency.

The following two companies are able to provide an evaluation of international transcripts:

Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.
P.O. Box 514070
Milwaukee, WI 53203-3470
Phone: (414) 289-3400
Fax: (414) 289-3411
E-mail: eval@ece.org

World Education Services, Inc.
P.O. Box 745
Old Chelsea Station
New York, NY 10113-0745
Phone: (800) 937-3895
Fax: (212) 966-6395
E-mail: info@wes.org

The Baker College System