Please select your question from the list below:
- What is the URL for the Baker College Dreamspark Web Store site?
- What is my username?
- What is my password?
- I don't see the MSDNAA Module in Blackboard.
- Which courses qualify for MSDNAA membership?
- I am not receiving any email from Dreamspark Web Store.
- Am I eligible for the MSDN software (student)?
- Am I eligible for the MSDN software (faculty)?
- I was eligible last quarter, but I am not eligible this quarter. I am still in the XXX computer program, why am I not eligible this quarter?
- How do I get the installation codes (Microsoft/Dreamspark Web Store Purchase)?
- Can I have two installs?
- My hard drive/mainboard/NIC died and now my software doesn’t work?
- How do I download the software?
- What software do I need?
- Will this software time out?
- How do I install this software?
- Will my old programs work when I install the new operating system (OS)?
What is the URL for the Baker College Dreamspark Web Store site?
All MSDN software is now obtained through the MSDNAA Module on Blackboard. You must access this using https://ol.baker.edu, and follow the instructions that were e-mailed to you at the beginning of the quarter.
What is my password?
Your password is the same Baker College password that you use to access other Baker College resources such as Webmail and computers in the classroom. If you are unsure what your password is, you may visit the SOLAR System and click on "Need a Password" for more information.
- Log-on to Blackboard using your current userid and password at https://ol.baker.edu.
- Click "Modify Content" located on the top of the screen.
- Scroll down the Modules List and select the "MSDNAA Module".
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Submit".
- Click "OK" to confirm your changes.
- The MSDNAA Module will be located on the bottom of the Blackboard main page.
I am not receiving any e-mail from Dreamspark Web Store.
The problem is most likely a junk mail or SPAM filter on your e-mail. Your options are to disable the junk mail/SPAM filter or modify the filter to allow messages from Microsoft.
Am I eligible for the MSDN software (student)?
You must be registered in an eligible course in the current quarter. Please verify that your course is eligible for the MSDNAA program.
If you did not receive the welcome letter, either your course is not eligible or you have not waited long enough before accessing the site.. You should wait at least six hours after you have registered for the eligible course to obtain your software. If you are still unable to access MSDNAA software, fill out the Support Request Form. We will verify your eligibility when we receive this request, and someone will contact you regarding the issue..
If you did not receive the welcome letter, either your courses are not eligible, or your Academic Office has not placed your UIN number on the OASIS Class list screen. If you teach an eligible course, contact your Academic Office and request that they complete the information on the OASIS Class List screen. Once this data has been entered, the system will automatically create your account within six hours.
I was eligible last quarter, but I am not eligible this quarter. I am still in the XXX computer program, why am I not eligible this quarter?
We track eligibility based on the course(s) you are currently enrolled in. This way, students have access to the software they need for the courses they are currently in. Of course, the software will not timeout and may be kept on your PC for as long as you like.
Can I have two installs?
If your coursework requires an additional install, your local Baker College support contact may issue an additional license at their discretion. This request must be made through your instructor or through the Support Request Form.
My hard drive/mainboard/NIC died and now my software doesn’t work?
If your software stops working due to hardware failure, your local Baker College support contact may issue an additional license at their discretion.
Will this software time out?
No. This software does NOT qualify for future upgrades, but other than that, this is the same software that is released to the general public. It is not functionally restricted, nor will it timeout.
How do I install this software?
Installation instructions are beyond the scope of support for these products. If you do not know how to install this software we suggest you do not attempt installing this software on your machine.
Will my old programs work when I install the new operating system (OS)?
Some Microsoft programs will import fully to a new OS, however many other programs written for Windows will not. If you have the original discs for your other programs, you can re-install them on your machine once you have installed the new OS. Installation instructions are beyond the scope of support for these products. If you do not have the original discs for your other software, we suggest you do not attempt installing this software on your machine.