MBA Program Outcomes
Student Learning Information for (Program 1)
Mission of the (Academic Business Unit): The MBA program at Baker College combines the best of conventional academic training with the best of field-based learning. The typical business disciplines are represented in the curriculum to ensure that graduates have the necessary business background to be conversant with various aspects of running organizations and companies. Graduates will have the ability to implement theory into practice, conduct and interpret research, and will be both capable and confident to significantly contribute to long-term corporate success
Intended Student Learning Outcomes for (Program 1)
- Communicate using the advanced oral and written communication skills necessary for success in the business environment.
- Act in a manner that reflects their appreciation and understanding of their legal and ethical responsibilities in a professional environment.
- Collect, interpret and analyze existing and/or original research, using quantitative and statistical tools, and use in the decision making process.
- Analyze the interrelatedness of market, economic, social and political trends, and their impact on a global environment.
- Analyze the strategic planning process, and develop and assess strategic plans.
- Reason analytically and apply theory across interdisciplinary boundaries to solve problems and create innovative solutions.
- Analyze financial reports, risk management strategies and their impact on the decision making process.
- Evaluate various leadership strategies and the implications of their use.
- Demonstrate an understanding of diverse perspectives and analyze the impact of individual and cultural differences on the business environment.
- Demonstrate the value of personal and professional development, community service and life-long learning.
- Analyze the impact of information systems and technology on a business and demonstrate the ability to make effective information management decisions.
- Analyze the strategic impact of human resource development and management on a business.