MBA Program Overview
The MBA program at Baker College combines the best of conventional academic training with the best of field-based learning. The typical business disciplines are represented in the curriculum to ensure that graduates have the necessary business background to be conversant with various aspects of running organizations and companies. Graduates will have the ability to implement theory into practice, conduct and interpret research, and will be both capable and confident to significantly contribute to long-term corporate success. All graduates of the MBA program are expected to achieve the MBA Program Outcomes through their course of study.
MBA Admissions Requirements
Candidates applying for matriculation into the MBA program must submit the following materials:
- Completed Graduate College Application.
- Non-refundable application fee of $25.00.
- A typed essay (500-1000 words) addressing the candidate’s reasons for entering the program.
- Official college transcripts indicating an undergraduate degree with a GPA of 2.5 or better (4.0 scale) from a regionally accredited college or university. Official college transcripts must be mailed from the institution granting the degree directly to the Center for Graduate Studies.
- A current résumé indicating a minimum of three years of full-time, professional work experience.
- GMAT or GRE scores may be submitted if the candidate wants the scores considered in the admission decision.
Application forms and detailed directions are available in the Center for Graduate Studies’ Administrative Office and online. Students are admitted on a rolling admission basis and acceptance decisions are determined by the Admission Committee.
Admission to the MBA program as a degree candidate is classified as either full or conditional status. Conditional status is an enrollment status applicable to students who may be deficient in one of the requirements or standards for matriculation such as: undergraduate GPA, letter of recommendation, or another credential required by the program. For applicants admitted on conditional status, the Center for Graduate Studies will specify the conditions for admissions. If the conditions are not met, the student will be dismissed from the program.
Baker College Center for Graduate Studies has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Assembly for College Business Education (IABCE), located in Lenexa, Kansas, USA. The business programs in the following degrees are accredited by the IACBE.
Master of Business Administration with concentrations in: Accounting, Business Intelligence, Finance, General Business, Health Care Management, Human Resource Management, Information Systems, Leadership, and Marketing.