I can honestly tell you that I would much rather have a Baker graduate….they have exceeded my expectations.
- Programs & Degrees
- Student Services
- The Baker Difference
- About Baker
- Campus Locations
Make a difference in people’s lives.
Prepare for a fulfilling career.
Health services professionals help ensure that patients receive the right treatment at the right time. They invest their knowledge, understanding, and skill, along with their willingness to take responsibility and perform under pressure. It’s often emotionally challenging work, but there’s great satisfaction in knowing that what you do can change people’s lives.
Skilled healthcare workers are in high demand. According to the U.S. Department of Labor, 16 of the 30 fastest growing occupations are in the healthcare field, and some are expected to increase by as much as 70% by 2020.
MISSION: The mission of the Baker College Health Science division, through our career focus, is to support the individuals of our healthcare programs with the common goal to develop quality, professional and compassionate graduates.
VISION STATEMENT: The division of Health Sciences aspires to:
- Strive for excellence in the scientific, professional and humanistic aspectsw of each chosen profession.
- Practice in a manner consistent with accepted, evidence-based guidelines, centered on quality, client and community relationships.
- Modify practices and educational outcomes in response to changing trends in health professions.
- Uphold high standards of academic performance.
- Support the mission of Baker College through interaction with the greater community.
- Adapt programs to meet professional and employer expectations.
- Promote the value of lifelong learning for faculty, staff and graduates.
- Foster open and collaborative relationships with other disciplines within and beyond health sciences.
The best preparation for a career in health science is a complete training program that combines classroom instruction with hands-on practice. Baker College Health Science programs do just that.
Every healthcare program we offer is developed with the input and guidance of employers in the field. Just as importantly, our instructors are working professionals in the areas they teach, bringing their real-world perspective to your classrooms and labs. When you graduate, you’ll be ready for your first job, with no additional training needed.
Program availability varies by campus. Please contact the Admissions Department on your campus to learn more.
- Cardiac SonographyAssociate of Applied Science
- Coding SpecialistAssociate of Applied Science
- Dental AssistingCertificate
- Dental AssistingAssociate of Applied Science
- Dental HygieneAssociate of Applied Science
- Diagnostic Medical SonographyAssociate of Applied Science
- Emergency Medical Technician - BasicCertificate
- Emergency Medical Technician - ParamedicCertificate
- Emergency Services ManagementAssociate of Applied Science
- Health Information TechnologyAssociate of Applied Science
- Health NavigatorAssociate of Applied Science
- Health Services AdministrationBachelor of Health Service Administration
- Hemodialysis Patient Care TechnicianAssociate of Applied Science
- Medical Administrative SpecialistAssociate of Applied Science
- Medical AssistantAssociate of Applied Science
- Medical Insurance SpecialistAssociate of Applied Science
- Medical Laboratory TechnicianAssociate of Applied Science
- Occupational TherapyMaster of Occupational Therapy
- Occupational Therapy AssistantAssociate of Applied Science
- OpticianryAssociate of Applied Science
- Orthotic/Prosthetic TechnologyAssociate of Applied Science
- Pharmacy TechnicianAssociate of Applied Science
- Phlebotomy TechnicianCertificate
- Physical Therapist AssistantAssociate of Applied Science
- Polysomnographic TechnologyAssociate of Applied Science
- Pre-Occupational TherapyBachelor of Health Science
- Radiation TherapyBachelor of Radiation Therapy
- Radiologic TechnologyAssociate of Applied Science
- Respiratory CareAssociate of Applied Science
- Sterile Processing TechnicianCertificate
- Surgical TechnologyAssociate of Applied Science
- Therapeutic MassageCertificate
- Therapeutic MassageAssociate of Applied Science
- Vascular Ultrasound TechnologyAssociate of Applied Science
- Veterinary TechnologyAssociate of Applied Science
- How can I send a copy of my official transcripts to another organization?
To access your transcripts, log into the SOLAR System, select the Star System and select the Academic Office. Once there, click on the transcripts link.
- Is Baker accredited?
Yes. Baker College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission / 230 South LaSalle St., Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604-1411 / 800-621-7440 / www.ncahlc.org.
Baker College is an Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP) participant.
Baker has also earned specialized accreditations for programs and degrees in:
- Business Administration
- Early Childhood Learning
- Engineering and Technology
- Health Sciences
- School of Education
- School of Nursing
For details about these specialized accreditations, see the individual Programs and Degrees pages.
- Does Baker provide any help in my job search?
As a graduate of Baker College, you are eligible for our Lifetime Employment Services, which include:
- Job searching techniques
- Resume and cover letter assistance
- Job interview questions
- Job postings
- Relocation tips
- Is Baker College Online accredited?
Baker Online is part of Baker College, a private, non-profit, accredited, degree granting, higher educational institution with locations throughout Michigan.
As an accredited college, Baker College has been granted legal authority by the state of Michigan to operate as a nonprofit educational corporation and is empowered to grant certificates, associate, bachelor, master, and doctoral degrees. It is approved for veterans’ benefits. Baker College is recognized as an institution of higher education by the U.S. Secretary of Education, U.S. Department of Education.
All Baker Online undergraduate and graduate programs are accredited by The Higher Learning Commission / 230 South LaSalle St., Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604-1411 / 800-621-7440 / www.ncahlc.org
Baker College is an Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP) participant.
Some Baker Online graduate programs have additional accreditation:
- The MBA program has international accreditation through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE).
- The Occupational Therapy program also has accreditation through The Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE).
- How do online classes work?
After you enroll, and are accepted to your online program, you sign-up, or "register" for your first courses. Like all Baker Online students, you will begin your online experience with a three-week online class designed to orient you to the Baker Online classroom, and review the expectations and requirements of Baker Online students. When you have completed this course successfully, you can move on to additional online courses.
A general education core is required for all associate and bachelor degrees. All graduates must meet the general education requirements established by each academic program.
College Success Strategies (COL111A) or College Success Online (COL112) is required for all first-time freshmen and all online students enrolled in a certificate or degree program. This course will inform students of campus services, policies and procedures, and address learning styles and study strategies.
Many of the courses and programs at Baker College are offered in an online delivery format. See Online Programs. Contact your campus Admissions Office for details about online courses. If you are already a Baker College Student, contact the Academic Office for details about online courses.
There's a lot you can learn about Baker College here on the Web, but talking with an Admissions Advisor will help you get a better understanding of everything we offer. Contact us to request more information, schedule a visit to the campus nearest you, or get started by applying online.