Admissions at Baker wanted to make sure I was getting the most for my money.
- Programs & Degrees
- Agriculture Technologies
- Auto / Diesel
- Business / Management
- Computer Technologies
- Culinary Arts
- Design & Media
- General Education Electives
- General Education Requirements
- Health Administration
- Health Sciences
- Human Services
- Legal Studies
- Public Safety
- Transportation Technologies
- Student Services
- The Baker Difference
- 100% Online Options
- America's Leading Career College
- Baker College Online Orientation Course
- Employer/Industry Advisory Boards
- High Graduate Employment Rate
- Lifetime Employment Assistance
- On-ground Programs Adapted for Online Delivery
- Real World Instructors
- Regionally Accredited
- Small Class Sizes
- About Baker
- Campus Locations
In teaching, your life has purpose every day.
Prepare for a rewarding career.
Teaching ranks as one of the world’s most important professions. Our hope for the future grows out of the education we provide for our students today. Teaching is challenging work, but knowing you’ve made a difference in someone’s life provides a deep satisfaction and sense of purpose that few professions can match.
There is plenty of opportunity. Many teachers are approaching retirement age, and qualified teachers in some areas, such as math and science, are in short supply. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that the demand will be high for both public and private school teachers throughout the next decade.
Baker offers bachelor degree programs and postbaccalaureate certificates in elementary and secondary education. So whether you’re entering the field, or looking to add to your credentials, you can find a program that’s right for you.
Baker also offers certificate, associate, and bachelor degree programs for early childhood education and child care professions.
Baker College prepares you for your career in education through a curriculum designed with input from teachers, administrators, and other education professionals, ensuring that what you learn is what today’s students really need. Just as importantly, your courses are taught by teaching professionals, who share their years of real-world experience with you every day.
Program availability varies by campus. Please contact the Admissions Department on your campus to learn more.
- Additional Endorsement - Early Childhood Education ZA to ZSPostbaccalaureate Certificate
- Additional Endorsement - Early Childhood ZS (General & Special Education)Postbaccalaureate Certificate
- Additional Endorsement - Elementary HistoryPostbaccalaureate Certificate
- Additional Endorsement - Elementary Language ArtsPostbaccalaureate Certificate
- Additional Endorsement - Elementary MathematicsPostbaccalaureate Certificate
- Additional Endorsement - Elementary Social StudiesPostbaccalaureate Certificate
- Additional Endorsement - Secondary EnglishPostbaccalaureate Certificate
- Additional Endorsement - Secondary HistoryPostbaccalaureate Certificate
- Additional Endorsement - Secondary MathematicsPostbaccalaureate Certificate
- Additional Endorsement - Secondary Social StudiesPostbaccalaureate Certificate
- CDA Academic FoundationsCertificate
- Child Care AssistantCertificate
- Early Childhood EducationAssociate of Applied Science
- Early Childhood EducationBachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education
- Educational Leadership: Higher EducationMaster of Science in Educational Effectiveness
- Educational Leadership: P-12Master of Science in Educational Effectiveness
- Elementary Teacher Preparation - Language ArtsBachelor of Science in Education
- Elementary Teacher Preparation - MathematicsBachelor of Science in Education
- Elementary Teacher Preparation - Social StudiesBachelor of Science in Education
- Elementary Teacher Preparation Early Childhood ZS (General & Special Education)Bachelor of Science in Education
- Initial Certification - Early Childhood ZS (General & Special Education)Postbaccalaureate Certificate
- Initial Certification - Elementary Language ArtsPostbaccalaureate Certificate
- Initial Certification - Elementary MathematicsPostbaccalaureate Certificate
- Initial Certification - Elementary Social StudiesPostbaccalaureate Certificate
- Initial Certification - Secondary EnglishPostbaccalaureate Certificate
- Initial Certification - Secondary MathematicsPostbaccalaureate Certificate
- Initial Certification - Secondary Social StudiesPostbaccalaureate Certificate
- Level Change - Elementary EducationPostbaccalaureate Certificate
- Level Change - Elementary Education and Early Childhood EducationPostbaccalaureate Certificate
- Level Change - Secondary EnglishPostbaccalaureate Certificate
- Level Change - Secondary MathematicsPostbaccalaureate Certificate
- Level Change - Secondary Social StudiesPostbaccalaureate Certificate
- Paraprofessional: Early ElementaryAssociate of Applied Science
- Paraprofessional: P-12 Special EducationAssociate of Applied Science
- Secondary Teacher Preparation - EnglishBachelor of Science in Education
- Secondary Teacher Preparation - MathematicsBachelor of Science in Education
- Secondary Teacher Preparation - Social StudiesBachelor of Science in Education
- Is Baker accredited?
Yes. Baker College is regionally accredited—the highest level of accreditation awarded in the U.S.—by The Higher Learning Commission, A Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, 30 North LaSalle Street, Suite 2400, Chicago, Illinois 60602-2504; (800) 621-7440; Web address: www.ncahlc.org. Baker College is an Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP) participant.
Baker has also earned specialized accreditations for programs and degrees in:
- Business Administration
- Early Childhood Learning
- Engineering and Technology
- Health Sciences
- School of Nursing
For details about these specialized accreditations, see the individual Programs and Degrees pages.
- Does Baker provide any help in my job search?
As a graduate of Baker College, you are eligible for our Lifetime Employment Services, which include:
- Job searching techniques
- Resume and cover letter assistance
- Job interview questions
- Job postings
- Relocation tips
- Is Baker College Online accredited?
Baker Online is part of Baker College, a private, non-profit, regionally accredited, degree granting, higher educational institution with locations throughout Michigan.
As an accredited college, Baker College has been granted legal authority by the state of Michigan to operate as a nonprofit educational corporation and is empowered to grant certificates, associate, bachelor, master, and doctoral degrees. It is approved for veterans’ benefits. Baker College is recognized as an institution of higher education by the U.S. Secretary of Education, U.S. Department of Education.
All Baker Online undergraduate and graduate programs are accredited by the following regional institutional accreditor: The Higher Learning Commission, A Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, 30 North LaSalle Street, Suite 2400, Chicago, Illinois 60602-2504; (800) 621-7440; Web address: http://www.hlcommission.org. Baker College is an Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP) participant.
Some Baker Online graduate programs have additional accreditation:
- The MBA program has international accreditation through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE).
- The Occupational Therapy program also has accreditation through The Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE).
- How do online classes work?
After you enroll, and are accepted to your online program, you sign-up, or "register" for your first courses. Like all Baker Online students, you will begin your online experience with a three-week online class designed to orient you to the Baker Online classroom, and review the expectations and requirements of Baker Online students. When you have completed this course successfully, you can move on to additional online courses.
- How do I apply for a student loan?
Once you have applied for financial aid, you will receive a Financial Aid Notification package from the Financial Aid office. Your FAFSA serves as the application for the Student Loan. If it is determined that you qualify for student loan funds, the eligibility amounts will be listed on your award notification, and a student Loan Request Form will be included with the award package. The Loan Request Form must be completed and returned to the Financial Aid Office before the loan process can begin.
If you are a new student and would like to request student loan funds to help cover your educational expenses you will need to:
- Complete the paper loan request form indicating the amount you would like to borrow.
- Sign and date the form.
- Return the form to the Financial Aid office.
If you are a returning student and would like to request student loan funds to help cover your educational expenses you will need to:
- Log into the SOLAR system.
- Select STAR System.
- Select Financial Aid office.
- Select Loan Request.
- Select the appropriate financial aid year and click Continue.
- Select the type of loan you would like to request and click Continue.
- Read the Stafford Loan Request Authorization information and click I Agree.
- Type in the requested dollar amount and click Submit Request.
A general education core is required for all associate and bachelor degrees. All graduates must meet the general education requirements established by each academic program.
College Success Strategies (COL111A) or College Success Online (COL112) is required for all first-time freshmen and all online students enrolled in a certificate or degree program. This course will inform students of campus services, policies and procedures, and address learning styles and study strategies.
Many of the courses and programs at Baker College are offered in an online delivery format. See Online Programs. Contact your campus Admissions Office for details about online courses. If you are already a Baker College Student, contact the Academic Office for details about online courses.
There's a lot you can learn about Baker College here on the Web, but talking with an Admissions Advisor will help you get a better understanding of everything we offer. Contact us to request more information, schedule a visit to the campus nearest you, or get started by applying online.