My choice was Baker College. Because I saw how they really took care of their graduates.
- Programs & Degrees
- Agriculture Technologies
- Auto / Diesel
- Business / Management
- Computer Technologies
- Culinary Arts
- Design & Media
- General Education Electives
- General Education Requirements
- Health Administration
- Health Sciences
- Human Services
- Legal Studies
- Public Safety
- Transportation Technologies
- Student Services
- The Baker Difference
- 100% Online Options
- America's Leading Career College
- Baker College Online Orientation Course
- Employer/Industry Advisory Boards
- High Graduate Employment Rate
- Lifetime Employment Assistance
- On-ground Programs Adapted for Online Delivery
- Real World Instructors
- Regionally Accredited
- Small Class Sizes
- About Baker
- Campus Locations
Make a difference in people’s lives.
Prepare for a fulfilling career.
Health services professionals help ensure that patients receive the right treatment at the right time. They invest their knowledge, understanding, and skill, along with their willingness to take responsibility and perform under pressure. It’s often emotionally challenging work, but there’s great satisfaction in knowing that what you do can change people’s lives.
Skilled healthcare workers are in high demand. According to the U.S. Department of Labor, 16 of the 30 fastest growing occupations are in the healthcare field, and some are expected to increase by as much as 70% by 2022.
The best preparation for a career in health science is a complete training program that combines classroom instruction with hands-on practice. Baker College health science programs do just that.
Every healthcare program we offer is developed with the input and guidance of employers in the field. Just as importantly, our instructors are working professionals in the areas they teach, bringing their real-world perspective to your classrooms and labs. When you graduate, you’ll be ready for your first job, with no additional training needed.
- Cardiographic SonographyAssociate of Applied Science
- Coding SpecialistAssociate of Applied Science
- Dental AssistingCertificate
- Dental AssistingAssociate of Applied Science
- Dental HygieneAssociate of Applied Science
- Diagnostic Medical SonographyAssociate of Applied Science
- Emergency Medical Technician - AdvancedCertificate
- Emergency Medical Technician - BasicCertificate
- Emergency Medical Technician - ParamedicCertificate
- Emergency Services ManagementAssociate of Applied Science
- Health Care ManagementMaster of Business Administration
- Health Information TechnologyAssociate of Applied Science
- Health NavigatorAssociate of Applied Science
- Health Services AdministrationBachelor of Health Service Administration
- Hemodialysis Patient Care TechnicianAssociate of Applied Science
- Medical AssistantAssociate of Applied Science
- Medical Insurance SpecialistAssociate of Applied Science
- Medical Laboratory TechnicianAssociate of Applied Science
- Medical Office AdministrationAssociate of Applied Science
- Nursing - ADNAssociate of Nursing
- Nursing - LPN to ADN LadderAssociate of Nursing
- Nursing - Post-Licensure BSNBachelor of Science in Nursing
- Nursing - Practical Nurse (PN)Certificate of Practical Nurse
- Nursing - Pre-Licensure BSNBachelor of Science in Nursing
- Occupational TherapyMaster of Occupational Therapy
- Occupational Therapy AssistantAssociate of Applied Science
- OpticianryAssociate of Applied Science
- Orthotic/Prosthetic TechnologyAssociate of Applied Science
- Pharmacy TechnicianCertificate
- Pharmacy TechnicianAssociate of Applied Science
- Phlebotomy TechnicianCertificate
- Physical Therapist AssistantAssociate of Applied Science
- Polysomnographic TechnologyAssociate of Applied Science
- Pre-Occupational TherapyBachelor of Health Science
- Radiation TherapyBachelor of Radiation Therapy
- Radiologic TechnologyAssociate of Applied Science
- Rehabilitation StudiesBachelor of Rehabilitation Studies
- Respiratory CareAssociate of Applied Science
- Skilled Care TechnicianCertificate
- Sterile Processing TechnicianCertificate
- Surgical TechnologyAssociate of Applied Science
- Therapeutic MassageCertificate
- Therapeutic MassageAssociate of Applied Science
- Vascular Ultrasound TechnologyAssociate of Applied Science
- Veterinary TechnologyAssociate of Applied Science
- Is Baker accredited?
Yes. Baker College is regionally accredited—the highest level of accreditation awarded in the U.S.—by The Higher Learning Commission, A Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, 30 North LaSalle Street, Suite 2400, Chicago, Illinois 60602-2504; (800) 621-7440; Web address: www.ncahlc.org. Baker College is an Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP) participant.
Baker has also earned specialized accreditations for programs and degrees in:
- Business Administration
- Early Childhood Learning
- Engineering and Technology
- Health Sciences
- School of Nursing
For details about these specialized accreditations, see the individual Programs and Degrees pages.
- Does Baker provide any help in my job search?
As a graduate of Baker College, you are eligible for our Lifetime Employment Services, which include:
- Job searching techniques
- Resume and cover letter assistance
- Job interview questions
- Job postings
- Relocation tips
- Is Baker College Online accredited?
Baker Online is part of Baker College, a private, non-profit, regionally accredited, degree granting, higher educational institution with locations throughout Michigan.
As an accredited college, Baker College has been granted legal authority by the state of Michigan to operate as a nonprofit educational corporation and is empowered to grant certificates, associate, bachelor, master, and doctoral degrees. It is approved for veterans’ benefits. Baker College is recognized as an institution of higher education by the U.S. Secretary of Education, U.S. Department of Education.
All Baker Online undergraduate and graduate programs are accredited by the following regional institutional accreditor: The Higher Learning Commission, A Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, 30 North LaSalle Street, Suite 2400, Chicago, Illinois 60602-2504; (800) 621-7440; Web address: http://www.hlcommission.org. Baker College is an Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP) participant.
Some Baker Online graduate programs have additional accreditation:
- The MBA program has international accreditation through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE).
- The Occupational Therapy program also has accreditation through The Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE).
- How do online classes work?
After you enroll, and are accepted to your online program, you sign-up, or "register" for your first courses. Like all Baker Online students, you will begin your online experience with a three-week online class designed to orient you to the Baker Online classroom, and review the expectations and requirements of Baker Online students. When you have completed this course successfully, you can move on to additional online courses.
- How do I apply for a student loan?
Once you have applied for financial aid, you will receive a Financial Aid Notification package from the Financial Aid office. Your FAFSA serves as the application for the Student Loan. If it is determined that you qualify for student loan funds, the eligibility amounts will be listed on your award notification, and a student Loan Request Form will be included with the award package. The Loan Request Form must be completed and returned to the Financial Aid Office before the loan process can begin.
If you are a new student and would like to request student loan funds to help cover your educational expenses you will need to:
- Complete the paper loan request form indicating the amount you would like to borrow.
- Sign and date the form.
- Return the form to the Financial Aid office.
If you are a returning student and would like to request student loan funds to help cover your educational expenses you will need to:
- Log into the SOLAR system.
- Select STAR System.
- Select Financial Aid office.
- Select Loan Request.
- Select the appropriate financial aid year and click Continue.
- Select the type of loan you would like to request and click Continue.
- Read the Stafford Loan Request Authorization information and click I Agree.
- Type in the requested dollar amount and click Submit Request.
A general education core is required for all associate and bachelor degrees. All graduates must meet the general education requirements established by each academic program.
College Success Strategies (COL111A) or College Success Online (COL112) is required for all first-time freshmen and all online students enrolled in a certificate or degree program. This course will inform students of campus services, policies and procedures, and address learning styles and study strategies.
Many of the courses and programs at Baker College are offered in an online delivery format. See Online Programs. Contact your campus Admissions Office for details about online courses. If you are already a Baker College Student, contact the Academic Office for details about online courses.
There's a lot you can learn about Baker College here on the Web, but talking with an Admissions Advisor will help you get a better understanding of everything we offer. Contact us to request more information, schedule a visit to the campus nearest you, or get started by applying online.