Baker’s Public Safety associate degree program is designed to meet the needs of municipalities that are consolidating police and fire departments into one public safety department.
Our curriculum gives you a broad foundation of knowledge and skills for the many different situations you must be prepared to face. Our class sizes are small, giving you in-depth instruction along with the hands-on training and experience in three critical areas: firefighting, emergency medical services, and criminal justice.
- Successful completion of the Baker program leads to certification by the Michigan Firefighting Training Council for Fire Fighter I and II and Hazardous Materials-Operations Level.
- Successful completion of Basic EMT I and Basic EMT II will make candidates eligible to apply for the National Registry of EMT’s written exam that is necessary for licensure in the state of Michigan.
- Individuals who have completed their State of Michigan Fire Fighter I and II Certification and Medical First Responder will be granted credit for FIRE101, FIRE102, and MFR101.
- The Cadillac campus is offering either the Fire Track (Fire I, Fire II, and Medical First Responder) or EMT track (Basic EMT I and Basic EMT II).
- Individuals who possess their basic EMT license will be granted credit for EMS101 and EMS102.