Associate of Applied Science
I think the strength of Baker faculty is that they are in the work force…. They are able to bring stories and experience to the classroom to really enrich it. It’s real.– Katharine Parker Baker student
The Architectural/Construction Technology program prepares you for a position in architectural drawing, materials estimating and sales, building inspection, construction supervision, or a related profession in the building industry.
In this program you will:
- Learn computer-aided drafting (CAD), architectural drafting, cost estimating, and building construction methods and materials for both residential and commercial building concepts with mechanical and electrical components
- Gain the hands-on ability to do architectural drawings and knowledge of the workings of the building construction industry
- Receive practical experience in areas such as construction cost estimating, material sales, construction drawings, and construction projects through an externship opportunity
This program is part of the Baker College Smart Degree Option.
- The average annual wage for Architectural Drafters is $45,280. For Architects, the average annual wage is $73,650.
- Employment of Architectural Drafters is expected to grow by 6 percent through 2016, which is slower than average.
- As Architectural Technologists gain experience, they take on more responsibility and can advance into a variety of positions in the building industry, including project management, materials estimating and sales, construction supervision, building inspection, or related fields.