Associate of Applied Science
The teachers here, they really try to push what employers want. If you want to get a degree, be certified… Baker is the place you want to go.– Winston Hughes Baker student
Skills in computer science are in high demand to design and develop business information systems. The Computer Programming program provides you with diverse, flexible, and skills that make you employable in a variety of businesses and industries in positions such as programmers, developers, and systems analysts.
In this program, you will:
- Acquire skills in programming, systems analysis, and design.
- Learn multiple programming languages including Java, C++, Visual BASIC, and HTML Programming.
- Study operating systems, hardware, computer architecture and networking fundamentals.
- Study database configuration and management using SQL.
This program is part of the Baker College Smart Degree Option.
- The average annual wage for Computer Programmers is $72,000.
- Employment for Computer Programmers is expected to decrease slightly by about 4 percent through 2016 because of developments in packaged software, advances in programming and tools, and outsourcing.
- Employers will continue to need local Programmers, especially those who have strong technical skills.
- The best job prospects require a Bachelor degree and experience with a variety of programming languages and tools.
- Programmers work in many areas—computer systems design, financial and educational institutions, insurance companies, government agencies, and more.