Bachelor of Information Technology and Security
You will do labs, you will get real-life situations rather than just sitting at a desk in the classroom.– Morris Fulcher Campus Associate Dean, Computer Information Systems
The Cyber Defense program prepares you for career opportunities in information technology and security with a concentration in Cyber Defense. Protection of multiple platform hardware, software, networking, and operating systems is considered an integral part of any business’ information technology topology.
Baker College’s Cyber Defense team won the 2008 and 2009 National Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition.
- The average annual wage for Network Security Technicians is $38,000.
- Employment for Network Security Technicians is expected to increase by 27 percent by 2016, which is much faster than average.
- Troubleshooting and providing assistance are important parts of the job, and require strong problem-solving, analytical, and communication skills.
- Most people in this field work 40 hours a week, but some work 50 hours or more.
- Technicians may also be required to be “on call” outside of normal business hours to resolve problems.