Bachelor of Computer Science
This Database Technology program is designed to work in conjunction with the Associate degree program, and enables you to gain an entry-level position in the field or increase your opportunities for promotion.
In this program, you will:
- Continue studies of database applications with a focus on database programming and administration concepts and tasks using Oracle.
- Acquire skills in software development, Internet communications, and network administration.
- Develop foundational knowledge in the field of computer science.
Program requirements include: Associate degree or approved equivalent of 90 quarter hours from an accredited institution (minimum GPA 2.0).
- The average salary for a Database Developer is $72,900.
- As electronic commerce continues to grow, demand in this field will remain high. Employment is expected to grow as much as 37% by 2018, which is much faster than average.
- Opportunities are available in software development companies, government agencies, electronics companies, hospitals, universities, banks, law enforcement agencies, or as an independent consultant.
- Some Database Developers go on to specialize in a related field such as programmer analyst, software programming, systems administration, or Web development and design.