Elementary Language Arts
We have a lot of teachers that are actually working in the classroom…. So a lot of their stories, experiences, and the training they give you, it’s actually real-life… something you can use when you go to your own job.– Lora Randolph Baker graduate
The Elementary Language Arts Postbaccalaureate Certificate adds to your skill set, increasing your employability and income potential.
In this program, you will:
- Gain the knowledge and skills needed to add a language arts endorsement to your existing Michigan elementary teaching certificate.
- Be eligible to apply for the endorsement upon successful program completion and passing the required state test.
The conditional requirements for this program include a Bachelor degree.
For more information about our certificate programs, including graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the programs, and other important information, please visit www.Baker.edu/gainfulemployment.
- The average annual wage for Elementary Teachers is about $50,000.
- Employment is expected to grow by 12 percent through 2016, about as fast as average. The pool of teachers is large, so job prospects are excellent.
- In some schools, two or more teachers work as a team and are jointly responsible for a group of students.
- Or a teacher may teach one subject to several classes.
- A small but growing number of teachers instruct multi-level classrooms, with students at several different learning levels.
- Teachers may move into other positions within the school, such as librarian, reading specialist, instructional coordinator, counselor, administrator, or mentor teacher.