Bachelor of Science in Education
Elementary Teacher Preparation - Early Childhood ZS (General & Special Education )
This program provides students with the knowledge and skills necessary to receive a Michigan provisional elementary teaching certificate, which allows the holder to teach all subjects in kindergarten through grade 5, in kindergarten through grade 8 self-contained classrooms, and an early childhood specialization. Upon graduating and passing the required state tests, students will be eligible to apply for certification.
- The average annual wage for Elementary Teachers is about $50,000.
- Employment is expected to grow by 12 percent through 2016, about as fast as average. The pool of teachers is large, so job prospects are excellent.
- In some schools, two or more teachers work as a team and are jointly responsible for a group of students.
- Or a teacher may teach one subject to several classes.
- A small but growing number of teachers instruct multi-level classrooms, with students at several different learning levels.
- Teachers may move into other positions within the school, such as librarian, reading specialist, instructional coordinator, counselor, administrator, or mentor teacher.