Bachelor of Health Services Administration
Health Services Administration
I feel that the instructors really work with you; they are really helpful. It’s changed my life.– Shawna Vanderhoef Baker student
As a Health Services Administrator, you plan, direct, coordinate, budget, and assess activities in a health care setting.
In this program, you will:
- Develop the administrative skills necessary to work effectively in a variety of health care settings.
- Cultivate critical thinking skills necessary for effective management through a combination of general education and health services courses.
- The average annual salary for Health Services Administrators is $88,750.
- Employment growth in this field is expected to be 16 percent by 2018, which is faster than average.
- A bachelor’s degree is sufficient for some entry-level jobs, but many require a master’s degree.
- Strong management skills combined with work experience in health care gives you the best opportunities.
- Advancing in this career is often through promotion to a more responsible position. You may also move to a larger facility, or work as a consultant.