Associate of Applied Science
Information Technology Support Specialist
The Information Technology Support Specialist program focuses on a growing segment of the Information Technology market. This segment provides service and support for software applications configuration, training of users, maintenance of information, and communication processes between a company’s back-end network administrators and middle to front-line employees and customers. IS/IT “service support” has been cited as one of the areas that has continued to grow regardless of a leveling off in other areas of IS/IT in the current slack U.S. economy.
In this program you will:
- Learn the content and use of common business software applications and information processes (word processing, spreadsheet, database operating systems, network connectivity, etc.).
- Learn to install, configure, train users, troubleshoot, and support the business software.
- The average annual wage for Information Technology Support Specialists is $47,360
- The number of IT Support Specialist jobs should grow faster than average for all occupations as technology use becomes more widespread.
- Employment is expected to increase by 14 percent from 2008 to 2018.
- IT Support Specialists normally work about 40 hours a week.
- IT Support Specialists work in many different industries — computer systems design, technical support firms, financial or educational institutions, insurance companies, government agencies, software publishers, telecommunications organizations, and health care organizations.