Associate of Applied Science
Baker totally prepared me to do my job. What I learned in the design department has more than amply prepared me for what my boss expects of me in the real workplace.– Marge Stoika Baker student, Interior Design Program
This Interior Design program prepares you for an entry-level position, and provides a solid foundation for further study in the interior design field.
In this program, you will:
- Apply elements and principles of design, space planning, textiles, and furnishings as they relate to the interior environment.
- Develop basic drawing and presentation skills
- Develop and present projects focusing on public health, safety, and welfare
- Gain a basic understanding of the interior design practice and the industry as a whole
This program is part of the Baker College Smart Degree Option.
- The average annual salary for Interior Designers is $50,200.
- Employment of Interior Designers is expected to grow by about 19 percent through 2016, which is faster than average.
- Interior Design salaries vary widely with the specialty, type of employer, number of years of experience, and reputation of the individuals. Among salaried Interior Designers, those in large specialized design and architectural firms tend to earn higher and more stable salaries.