Bachelor of Information Systems
Project Management and Planning
… an experienced person can make up to $100,000 a year quite easily.– Ken Piggott Campus Department Chair, Computer Networking Technology
The Project Management and Planning program focuses on the application of computer systems to solve business problems, and prepares you to pursue a career as a programmer, programmer/analyst, or system analyst.
In this program, you will:
- Learn the skills, tools, techniques, and specific methods that will enable you to lead projects and complete them on time and within budget.
- Be prepared for formal project management certification.
- The average annual wage for Project Managers for computer and information systems ranges from $103,800 to $113,900.
- Employment of Computer and Information Systems Managers is expected to grow by about 16 percent through 2016, which is faster than average.
- In this field, the project may be a security upgrade, a project in software development or networking, an IT installation or conversion, or another activity.
- There may be considerable pressure in meeting goals with short deadlines or tight budgets.