Every single class here, I had amazing professors, professors that motivated me and inspired me. Not only that, but gave me one-on-one attention when I needed it.– Anne Pence Baker graduate
This program provides teachers with the knowledge and skills needed to add a biology endorsement to an existing Michigan secondary teaching certificate. Upon completing the program and passing the required state test, teachers will be eligible to apply for the endorsement.
For more information about our certificate programs, including graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the programs, and other important information, please visit www.Baker.edu/gainfulemployment.
- The average annual wage for High School Teachers is about $52,400.
- Employment is expected to grow by 12 percent through 2016, about as fast as average.
- The pool of teachers is large and many are retiring in the coming decade, so job prospects are excellent.
- Advancement for a Secondary School Teacher includes becoming head of their department.
- Or, with experience and further education, they may become an assistant principal, principal, or superintendent.