Every single class here, I had amazing professors, professors that motivated me and inspired me. Not only that, but gave me one-on-one attention when I needed it.– Anne Pence Baker graduate
This program provides teachers with the knowledge and skills needed to add a secondary mathematics endorsement to an existing Michigan elementary teaching certificate, allowing the holder to teach mathematics in grades 6 through 12. The level change may also extend the validity of existing endorsements to additional grade levels. Students complete the secondary mathematics major and a portion of the professional education core that is specific to working with secondary students. Upon completing the program and passing the required state test, students will be eligible to apply for the endorsement.
For more information about our certificate programs, including graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the programs, and other important information, please visit www.Baker.edu/gainfulemployment.
- The average annual wage for High School Teachers is about $52,400.
- Employment is expected to grow by 12 percent through 2016, about as fast as average.
- The pool of teachers is large and many are retiring in the coming decade, so job prospects are excellent.
- Advancement for a Secondary School Teacher includes becoming head of their department.
- Or, with experience and further education, they may become an assistant principal, principal, or superintendent.