Secondary Social Studies
Every single class here, I had amazing professors, professors that motivated me and inspired me. Not only that, but gave me one-on-one attention when I needed it.– Anne Pence Baker graduate
The Secondary Social Studies Postbaccalaureate Certificate adds to your skill set, increasing your employability and income potential.
In this program, you will:
- Gain the knowledge and skills needed to add a social studies endorsement to your existing Michigan secondary teaching certificate.
- Be eligible to apply for the endorsement upon successful program completion and passing the required state test.
The conditional requirements for this program include a Bachelor degree.
For more information about our certificate programs, including graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the programs, and other important information, please visit www.Baker.edu/gainfulemployment.
- The average annual wage for High School Teachers is about $52,400.
- Employment is expected to grow by 12 percent through 2016, about as fast as average.
- The pool of teachers is large and many are retiring in the coming decade, so job prospects are excellent.
- Advancement for a Secondary School Teacher includes becoming head of their department.
- Or, with experience and further education, they may become an assistant principal, principal, or superintendent.