Associate of Applied Science
Power Sports and Small Engine Technology
This program prepares you with the skills necessary for entry-level technician positions in the Power Sports industry. Specific platform instruction includes lawnmower and landscaping equipment, motorcycles, ATVs, snowmobiles, personal watercraft, and marine inboard and outboard engines and equipment.
In this program, you will:
- Diagnose and repair small engine and power sports machines.
Receive extensive hands-on instruction on two and four stroke engines and diesel engine repair.
- Learn electrical systems, drivelines, suspension and braking systems.
- Get experience on manufacturer specific diagnostic tools and special equipment.
- Employment in small engine technology related services industry is expected to grow 21% through 2020.
- Career opportunities will be best for those with formal small engine training.