Tuition payment is due on or before the first day of class. A late fee of $50.00 may be assessed to any outstanding balance. Tuition payment can be made in any one of three ways:
- Online, using a credit* or debit card. Log into the Solar/Star System. The online payment option is located on the Business Office page.
- By personal check, money order, or credit card, and mailed to:
1050 West Bristol Road
Flint, MI 48507-5508
- By telephone, using a credit* or debit card. Call the Business Office at your campus.
* We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. The four-digit verification code on the front of the American Express card must be included for processing. The transaction will be declined without it.
All Baker College refunds to students are processed through the Baker OneCard. You must have an activated Baker OneCard in order to receive a student refund. If you have not received a card, please contact the Business Office to have one mailed to you. A $25 fee is assessed for all new card requests after the initial activation.
Employer Tuition Reimbursement Program
The employer tuition reimbursement program is a tuition deferment program available to students whose employer pays tuition costs, which allows students to defer payment until week six of the following quarter. Books are not included in the tuition reimbursement program and must be paid in full at the time of a book order.
To be eligible for the program, the student must:
- Sign an employer tuition reimbursement contract.
- Submit the reimbursement contract, along with a letter on company letterhead, or a copy of the company policy stating the guidelines for tuition payments made by the employer.
It is the student’s responsibility to submit the invoice and grades to the employer. Baker College will not bill the employer directly.
Any portion of tuition not paid by the employer must be paid by the student by the deadline stated on the contract. A non-refundable fee is assessed each quarter for this program. Please contact your campus Financial Services Office for details.
Employer Tuition Assistance Program
Employers that provide tuition assistance issue a voucher, letter of credit, or tuition assistance form for tuition. You must turn this documentation into the Business Office upon receipt. Please verify that all information is correct, including start date(s), course name(s), and course number(s). The College will invoice your employer using this document, after second session classes begin. Employers send payment directly to the College. Any unpaid balance is the responsibility of the student and must be paid in full by the first day of class. It is the student’s responsibility to obtain the voucher. The College will not invoice your employer unless you have turned in the voucher/form.
GI Bill Payments
If you will be using your GI Bill to pay for your tuition, payment is due by the end of each quarter. If you have not received your VA payment by that date, you are still responsible for paying this balance. Finance charges may be applied after this date.
If you think you may have problems paying the balance if a VA payment is delayed, please talk with your campus Financial Aid Office. You may be eligible to apply for financial aid.
All certification for the GI payments is processed by the Academic Office. If you have not been certified, please call 888-211-8915.