I think the strength of Baker faculty is that they are in the work force.
- Programs & Degrees
- Student Services
- The Baker Difference
- About Baker
- Campus Locations
Built on excellence.
And we continue to build.
At Baker College, we measure our success by the successes of our students. Since 1911, Baker has regularly and consistently garnered recognition and awards for the many achievements of our students, alumni, faulty, and staff.
We’re proud of all that they have accomplished over the years, and we look forward to championing what they will accomplish in the years to come.
Baker Takes Top Ten at the BPA Nationals
After four years of dominating state and national competitions, a group of Baker students went to Boston and brought home seven medals from the Business Professionals of America (BPA) competition.
Baker College Student Receives Recognition—Again!
Baker student, Juan Carlos Lozano was named Student Teacher of the Year 2015 by the Michigan Association of Teacher Educators: “This award provides a great opportunity for me to show my future students that anything is possible with hard work.”
Computer Information Systems
Baker Continues its Reign as the Top Cyber Defense Team in Michigan and Beyond.
After taking first, and second place, in the Michigan Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition, the Baker Cyber Defense teams continued their impressive run of championships. Cyber Defense Champions since 2008 with five state, two regional, and two national championships
100% Pass Rates
Our Health Science programs have average pass rates higher than the national average for credentialing exams.
Cardiac Sonography (Auburn Hills)
Diagnostic Medical Sonography (Ultrasound) (Auburn Hills)
Dental Hygiene (Clinton Township)
Health Information Technology (Flint)
Medical Administrative Specialist (Flint)
Medical Assistant (Flint)
Occupational Therapy Assistant (Allen Park & Muskegon)
Physical Therapist Assistant (Muskegon)
Polysomnographic Technology (Flint)
Respiratory Care (Auburn Hills)
Surgical Tech (Cadillac & Jackson)
Vascular Ultrasound Tech (Auburn Hills)
Veterinary Tech (Cadillac, Clinton Township, Flint, Jackson, & Muskegon)
Awards for the Culinary Institute of Michigan
ACF Michigan State Student Team Championship
ACF Central Regional Student Team Championship
MSU Museum Chocolate Competition
Gold & Bronze Medals
ACF Michigan Chefs De Cuisine Association
Practical And Contemporary Hot Food Cooking
Baron H. Galand Culinary Knowledge Bowl
Michigan Chefs De Cuisine Association
Student Chef of the Year (second consecutive year)
Skills USA Post Secondary
Michigan State Championship
• Commercial Baking (Gold, Silver, Bronze)
• Culinary Arts (Gold, Silver)
• Restaurant Service (Silver, Bronze)
Computer Information Systems
Baker CIS Students Continue to Dominate State and National BPA Competitions
After another first in the Nation showing in Boston earlier this year, CIS students continue their winning ways at the National Business Professionals of America Competition. A Baker Student has won the CISCO Networking Nationals three of the past four years.
Baker Engineering Students Finish Ahead of Yale and Other Eastern U.S. Schools
Baker College of Flint mechanical engineering students recently competed against 17 other collegiate teams to take second place in the district American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) Student Design Competition at Drexel University in Philadelphia.
"Their success further enhances the reputation of our program," said Anca Sala, Ph.D., Engineering and Computer Technology Dean at Baker College of Flint. "For several years, 100 percent of our engineering students have been employed upon graduation, with many choosing from opportunities with several companies.”
- How do I apply for a student loan?Once you have applied for financial aid, you will receive a Financial Aid Notification package from the Financial Aid office. Your FAFSA serves as the application for the Student Loan. If it is determined that you qualify for student loan funds, the eligibility amounts will be listed on your award notification, and a student Loan Request Form will be included with the award package. The Loan Request Form must be completed and returned to the Financial Aid Office before the loan process can begin. If you are a new student and would like to request student loan funds to help cover your educational expenses you will need to:
- Complete the paper loan request form indicating the amount you would like to borrow.
- Sign and date the form.
- Return the form to the Financial Aid office.
- Log into the SOLAR system.
- Select STAR System.
- Select Financial Aid office.
- Select Loan Request.
- Select the appropriate financial aid year and click Continue.
- Select the type of loan you would like to request and click Continue.
- Read the Stafford Loan Request Authorization information and click I Agree.
- Type in the requested dollar amount and click Submit Request.
- How do online classes work?After you enroll, and are accepted to your online program, you sign-up, or "register" for your first courses. Like all Baker Online students, you will begin your online experience with a three-week online class designed to orient you to the Baker Online classroom, and review the expectations and requirements of Baker Online students. When you have completed this course successfully, you can move on to additional online courses.
- Is Baker College Online accredited?Baker Online is part of Baker College, a private, non-profit, accredited, degree granting, higher educational institution with locations throughout Michigan. As an accredited college, Baker College has been granted legal authority by the state of Michigan to operate as a nonprofit educational corporation and is empowered to grant certificates, associate, bachelor, master, and doctoral degrees. It is approved for veterans’ benefits. Baker College is recognized as an institution of higher education by the U.S. Secretary of Education, U.S. Department of Education. All Baker Online undergraduate and graduate programs are accredited by The Higher Learning Commission / 230 South LaSalle St., Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604-1411 / 800-621-7440 / www.ncahlc.org Baker College is an Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP) participant. Some Baker Online graduate programs have additional accreditation:
- The MBA program has international accreditation through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE).
- The Occupational Therapy program also has accreditation through The Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE).
- Does Baker provide any help in my job search?As a graduate of Baker College, you are eligible for our Lifetime Employment Services, which include:
- Job searching techniques
- Resume and cover letter assistance
- Job interview questions
- Job postings
- Relocation tips
- Is Baker accredited?Yes. Baker College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission / 230 South LaSalle St., Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604-1411 / 800-621-7440 / www.ncahlc.org. Baker College is an Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP) participant.
Baker has also earned specialized accreditations for programs and degrees in:
- Business Administration
- Engineering and Technology
- Health Sciences
- Human Services
- School of Education
- School of Nursing
- How can I send a copy of my official transcripts to another organization?To access your transcripts, log into the SOLAR System, select the Star System and select the Academic Office. Once there, click on the transcripts link.