Baker College of Owosso
Compensation: Hourly rate based on education and existing wage rates for similar positions within Baker College Professional Services, Inc.
Start Date: TBD
Campus Safety Director
Work Schedule: Varies and may include days, nights, weekends, or holidays; up to 28 hours per week
Application Deadline: Until Filled
Available To: All Applicants
PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A GENERAL INTEREST POST FOR OUR CAMPUS MONITOR POSITIONS AT BAKER COLLEGE. THIS POSTING WILL ALLOW YOU TO SUBMIT A RESUME OF INTEREST FOR THE POSITION. IF WE HAVE AN OPENING FOR A CAMPUS MONITOR, AND YOU ARE QUALIFIED, WE WILL REACH OUT TO YOU FOR FURTHER CONSIDERATION.
Baker College Professional Services, Inc. seeks to hire an individual to be assigned to the position of CAMPUS MONITOR (PART-TIME) for the benefit of and to be located at Baker College of Owosso.
General Statement of Duties:
The Campus Monitor is responsible to monitor closed circuit television systems and act as a dispatcher when applicable.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED required
- Must have working knowledge of the Internet, Google Apps, Microsoft Office Suite
- The ability to comprehend and carry out detailed instructions
- The ability to comprehend safety rules and procedure manuals
- The ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Flexibility with work schedule a must
- Ability to lift and maneuver independently up to 25 lbs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor closed circuit television system
- Monitor fire and entry alarm systems
- Answer telephone calls
- Assist walk-in traffic
- Act as office receptionist as needed
- Log and distribute officer equipment
- Perform record checks
- Dispatch officers
- Issue permits and ID cards
- Provide appropriate referrals for visitors and campus community members
- Monitor and make designated notifications of threatening weather conditions
- Make emergency notifications to the campus community when required
- Other duties as assigned
Please submit cover letter and resume via email in care of:
Baker College’s combined Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available to anyone. This report is required by federal law and contains policy statements and three years’ worth of crime statistics for the school.
You may also request a paper copy from the Baker College Campus Safety office.