Clinical Coordinator – Nursing
Baker College of Owosso
Compensation: Salary based on education, experience, and existing wage rates paid for similar positions within Baker College Professional Services, Inc.
Start Date: TBD
Nursing Program Director
Work Schedule: Standard-Academic Contract
Application Deadline: January 31, 2022
About Baker College:
Baker College is committed to helping those who are dedicated to creating a better future for themselves and the world around them. We’re looking for faculty and other campus employees who share a similar vision for theirown lives. As a Baker College employee, you’ll be making a difference every single day by helping the next generation of professionals prepare for great careers. Together, we can make great things happen. Please visit Baker.edu for more information. BakerProud!
DEI Council Mission/Vision:
Baker College strives to ensure that all of our programs, institutional goals and events, and commitments are open to all constituencies of students, staff, faculty, community members, employees and participants. As an institution of higher learning committed to new knowledge and innovation, we understand that true excellence and attainment comes from the diversity of individuals who are fully a part of all of our institutional endeavors. Please visit our DEI Page for more information.
Available to: All Applicants
Baker College Professional Services, Inc. seeks to hire individuals to be assigned to the positions of CLINICAL COORDINATOR – NURSING (FULL-TIME) for the benefit of and to be located at Baker College of Owosso.
General Statement of Duties:
The function of the Clinical Coordinator – Nursing is to make all Nursing practicum arrangements with each clinical agency used, mentor nursing practicum adjunct instructors, and evaluate the experiences from the students and instructors perspectives.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- Master degree (MSN) required
- Doctorate in Nursing preferred
- Michigan Registered Nurse License required
- Current experience in Medical-Surgical Nursing and/or other specialty area required
- Clinical experience preferred
- Must be knowledgeable in Microsoft Office for reporting of statistical information about the program
- Must have willingness to travel to clinical sites and off site system meetings
- Must be computer literate with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Apps, and the Internet
- Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- This job requires the ability to lift and maneuver independently up to 25 lbs
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in coordinating all clinical education courses and maintaining an adequate number of clinical sites, relative to meeting the clinical teaching needs and philosophy of nursing program
- Serve as a liaison between the academic institution and the affiliating clinical facilities
- Communicate with the hospital educators/administration to maintain clinical education sites and assist with clinical affiliation contracts of agreement
- Communicate activities, news and other information for the academic institution to clinical facilities to maintain knowledge of the educational program as well as onsite visits of clinical agencies
- Retain current information relating clinical facilities consistent with documentation required by the Michigan Board of Nursing
- Teach Nursing courses as assigned
- Function as a team member in other job responsibilities as required
- Advise student organizations and oversee curricular activities
- Participate in professional development to maintain current knowledge in nursing and education
- Coordinate availability of students placements according to the dates agreed to by the clinical setting
- Solicit and categorize feedback from students and clinical faculty for use by the Curriculum Committee
- Other duties as assigned
Please submit cover letter and resume via email only by January 31, 2021, in care of:
Baker College’s combined Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available to anyone. This report is required by federal law and contains policy statements and three years’ worth of crime statistics for the school. This report is available online at https://www.baker.edu/student-services/living/campus-safety. You may also request a paper copy from the Baker College Campus Safety office.