Clinical Coordinator—Physical Therapy Assistant
Baker College of Auburn Hills Metro Campus
Compensation: Salary based on education and existing wage rates for similar positions within Baker College Professional Services, Inc.
Start Date: January, 2022
Program Director- Physical Therapy Assistant
Work Schedule: Full Time (52 week schedule), Flexible days/hours
Application Deadline: January 24, 2022
About Baker College:
Baker College is committed to helping those who are dedicated to creating a better future for themselves and the world around them. We’re looking for faculty and other campus employees who share a similar vision for their own lives. As a Baker College employee, you’ll be making a difference every single day by helping the next generation of professionals prepare for great careers. Together, we can make great things happen. Please visit Baker.edu for more information. BakerProud!
About Baker College:
Baker College strives to ensure that all of our programs, institutional goals and events, and commitments are open to all constituencies of students, staff, faculty, community members, employees and participants. As an institution of higher learning committed to new knowledge and innovation, we understand that true excellence and attainment comes from the diversity of individuals who are fully a part of all of our institutional endeavors. Please visit our DEI Page for more information.
Available to: All Applicants
Baker College Professional Services, Inc. seeks to hire individuals to be assigned to the positions of CLINICAL COORDINATOR – PHYSICAL THERAPY ASSISTANT (FULL-TIME) for the benefit of and to be located at Baker College of Auburn Hills Metro Campus.
General Statement of Duties:
The function of the Clinical Coordinator – Physical Therapy Assistant Program (PTA) position is to establish and maintain relationships with clinical sites, and place PTA students in these sites for the Professional Practice Experience (PPE). The Clinical Coordinator – PTA serves as the primary contact for clinical education issues both with students and clinical sites and faculty.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university – Preferred; Associate Degree – Required
- Licensed PT or PTA in the State of Michigan
- Minimum 3 years of Physical Therapy Clinical Experience -Required
- Acute/inpatient and/or neurological experience – Preferred
- Experience as a clinical instructor or center coordinator of clinical education, or prior teaching experience in addition to clinical practice – Preferred.
- Basic Microsoft Office applications experience is preferred (i.e. MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) These applications are used to report statistical information about the program
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain clinical sites; ensure that students are assigned to sites in which an unexpired and properly executed agreement is in place
- Perform on-site visits of clinical sites
- Communicate with Program Director- PTA regarding contracts
- Assure all students have completed requirements for PPE
- Assist department with adjunct faculty development and evaluation
- Assist Program Director with curriculum development, assessment, and retention efforts
- Attend PTA system meetings
- Compile all PPE-related evaluations and report stats to Program Director
- Solicit and categorize feedback and assessments from students and clinical faculty for use by the Curriculum Committee
- Calculate and submit grades for the PPE
- Provide academic and/or clinical teaching to students in the PTA program-a specified number of classes/contact hours are required
- Other duties as assigned
Please submit cover letter and resume via email only by January 24, 2022, in care of:
Baker College’s combined Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available to anyone. This report is required by federal law and contains policy statements and three years’ worth of crime statistics for the school. This report is available online at https://www.baker.edu/student-services/living/campus-safety. You may also request a paper copy from the Baker College Campus Safety office.