Adjunct Faculty – Science (Microbiology & Intro Biochemistry)
Baker College of Cadillac & Muskegon
Compensation: Compensation based on education and existing rates for similar positions within Baker College Professional Services, Inc.
Start Date: Fall, 2022
Work Schedule: Varies - maximum of 9 credits per semester and/or up to 28 hours per week
Application Deadline: May 30th
About Baker College:
Baker College is committed to helping those who are dedicated to creating a better future for themselves and the world around them. We’re looking for faculty and other campus employees who share a similar vision for their own lives. As a Baker College employee, you’ll be making a difference every single day by helping the next generation of professionals prepare for great careers. Together, we can make great things happen. Please visit Baker.edu for more information. BakerProud!
DEI Council Mission/Vision:
Baker College strives to ensure that all of our programs, institutional goals and events, and commitments are open to all constituencies of students, staff, faculty, community members, employees and participants. As an institution of higher learning committed to new knowledge and innovation, we understand that true excellence and attainment comes from the diversity of individuals who are fully a part of all of our institutional endeavors. Please visit our DEI Page for more information.
Available to: All Applicants
Baker College Professional Services, Inc. seeks to hire an individual to be assigned to the position of ADJUNCT FACULTY – SCIENCE (MICROBIOLOGY & INTRO BIOCHEMISTRY) (PART -TIME) for the benefit of and to be located at Baker College Cadillac & Muskegon.
General Statement of Duties:
The primary purpose of the Part-Time Adjunct Faculty person is to teach courses in areas of their expertise.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Doctoral degree from an accredited college or university in content area preferred
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in content area OR Master’s degree in another area with 18 semester hours of graduate work in the content area required
- Previous teaching experience preferred
- Must be computer literate with Canvas, Microsoft Office Suite, Google Apps, and the Internet
- Must have effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Must have the ability to teach daytime, evening, and weekend classes for the above courses
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach up to a maximum of 9-credit hours per semester
- Revise, review and/or develop curriculum, as assigned
- Attend all required professional development/training
- Collect and submit required assessment of student learning data
- Participate in appropriate campus and system committees, meetings, projects, and activities
- Other duties as assigned
Please submit cover letter and resume via email only by May 30, 2022, in care of:
Baker College’s combined Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available to anyone. This report is required by federal law and contains policy statements and three years’ worth of crime statistics for the school. This report is available online at https://www.baker.edu/student-services/living/campus-safety. You may also request a paper copy from the Baker College Campus Safety office.