Adjunct Faculty – Welding Instructor
Baker College of Owosso Auto-Diesel Institute
Compensation: Compensation based on experience and existing rates for similar positions within Baker College Professional Services, Inc.
Start Date: Spring 2022
Work Schedule: Evenings; varies depending on class schedule each semester
Application Deadline: May 30th
About Baker College:
Baker College is committed to helping those who are dedicated to creating a better future for themselves and the world around them. We’re looking for faculty and other campus employees who share a similar vision for their own lives. As a Baker College employee, you’ll be making a difference every single day by helping the next generation of professionals prepare for great careers. Together, we can make great things happen. Please visit Baker.edu for more information. BakerProud!
DEI Council Mission/Vision:
Baker College strives to ensure that all of our programs, institutional goals and events, and commitments are open to all constituencies of students, staff, faculty, community members, employees and participants. As an institution of higher learning committed to new knowledge and innovation, we understand that true excellence and attainment comes from diversity of individuals who are fully a part of all of our institutional endeavors. Please visit our DEI Page for more information.
Available To: All Applicants
Baker College Professional Services, Inc. seeks to hire an individual to be assigned to the position of ADJUNCT FACULTY – WELDING INSTRUCTOR (PART-TIME) RUNNING START PROGRAM for the benefit of and to be located at Baker College of Owosso Auto-Diesel Institute.
General Statement of Duties:
The primary purpose of the Part-Time Adjunct Faculty person is to teach courses in areas of their expertise.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- Associate’s degree in a related area and AWS certification preferred
- AWS certification in area of instruction required
- Online education platform familiarity preferred
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Suite, Google Apps, and Canvas
- Previous teaching experience preferred
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach at Running Start high school location
- Revise, review and/or develop curriculum, as needed
- Complete all required professional development/training
- Collect and submit required assessment of student learning data
- Participate in appropriate campus and system committees, subcommittees, projects, and activities
- Other duties as assigned
Please submit cover letter and resume via email by May 30, 2022, in care of:
Baker College’s combined Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available to anyone. This report is required by federal law and contains policy statements and three years’ worth of crime statistics for the school. This report is available online at https://www.baker.edu/student-services/living/campus-safety. You may also request a paper copy from the Baker College Campus Safety office.