Baker College of Owosso
Compensation: Hourly rate based on education and existing wage rates for similar positions within Baker College Professional Services, Inc.
Start Date: TBD
Director of Facilities
Work Schedule: Primarily 2nd shift; up to 28 hours per week
Application Deadline: Until Filled
Available To: All Applicants
About Baker College:
Baker College is committed to helping those who are dedicated to creating a better future for themselves and the world around them. We’re looking for faculty and other campus employees who share a similar vision for their own lives. As a Baker College employee, you’ll be making a difference every single day by helping the next generation of professionals prepare for great careers. Together, we can make great things happen. Please visit Baker.edu for more information. BakerProud!
DEI Council Mission/Vision:
Baker College strives to ensure that all of our programs, institutional goals and events, and commitments are open to all constituencies of students, staff, faculty, community members, employees and participants. As an institution of higher learning committed to new knowledge and innovation, we understand that true excellence and attainment comes from diversity of individuals who are fully a part of all of our institutional endeavors. Please visit our DEI Page for more information.
Baker College Professional Services, Inc. seeks to hire an individual to be assigned to the position of Custodian (PART-TIME) for the benefit of and to be located at Baker College of Owosso.
General Statement of Duties:
The Custodian is responsible for maintaining cleaning and maintaining bathrooms, equipment, entrances, offices, classrooms, hallways, and carpet/tile floors; snow removal and salting sidewalks/parking lots; small repairs; responding to work orders; set up and tear down of campus events; as well as excellent customer service between staff, vendors, and customers.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED – Required
- 2 years of custodial experience in a commercial building – Preferred
- Valid driver’s license required to use any company vehicle – Required
- Ability to work outside in all types of weather
- Knowledge and experience with operating power tools and equipment
- Must be able to handle routine maintenance of campus buildings and grounds
- Must be willing to mix and use cleaning chemicals
- Must have a strong work ethic, the ability to work independently, and in a group environment
- Must be computer literate with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Apps, and Facilities Management Software
- Must exhibit professional appearance and behavior
- Must have excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to lift and maneuver independently up to 50 lbs. required
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Clean and maintain equipment, bathrooms, offices, entrances, classrooms, and hallways.
- Daily visual and periodic written instructions for various building areas, established schedules, and business standards
- Maintain a clear line of communication with management in deficiencies or defective areas within your assigned work area
- Periodically review job performance with immediate supervisor
- Perform any and all duties assigned by management related to workings of Baker College
- Requisition of supplies and materials as needed
- Setting up and tearing down of campus events
- Other duties as assigned
Please submit cover letter and resume via email, in care of:
Baker College’s combined Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available to anyone. This report is required by federal law and contains policy statements and three years’ worth of crime statistics for the school. This report is available online at https://www.baker.edu/student-services/living/campus-safety. You may also request a paper copy from the Baker College Campus Safety office.