Faculty – Health Information Technology (HIT)
Baker College Online
Compensation: Compensation based on experience and existing rates for similar positions within Baker College Professional Services, Inc.
Start Date: TBD
Program Director of Health Information Technology
Work Schedule: Standard-Academic Contract, evening and weekend hours may be required
Application Deadline: May 30th
About Baker College:
Baker College is committed to helping those who are dedicated to creating a better future for themselves and the world around them. We’re looking for faculty and other campus employees who share a similar vision for their own lives. As a Baker College employee, you’ll be making a difference every single day by helping the next generation of professionals prepare for great careers. Together, we can make great things happen. Please visit Baker.edu for more information. BakerProud!
DEI Council Mission/Vision:
Baker College strives to ensure that all of our programs, institutional goals and events, and commitments are open to all constituencies of students, staff, faculty, community members, employees and participants. As an institution of higher learning committed to new knowledge and innovation, we understand that true excellence and attainment comes from the diversity of individuals who are fully a part of all of our institutional endeavors. Please visit our DEI Page for more information.
Available to: All Applicants
Baker College Professional Services, Inc. seeks to hire an individual to be assigned to the position of FACULTY – HEALTH INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (HIT) (FULL-TIME) for the benefit of and to be located at Baker College Online.
General Statement of Duties:
The primary purpose of the Faculty (Full-Time) person is to teach courses in areas of their expertise.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in area or related area required; with Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or other AHIMA credential required
- Master’s degree or higher in related area with appropriate credential/license preferred
- 3 years’ related work experience required
- 2 years’ college-level teaching experience with online teaching experience required
- Accreditation background preferred
- Experience developing curriculum, specifically online curriculum, preferred
- Must be willing to travel
- Must be computer literate with Microsoft Office Suite and Google Apps
- Experience teaching within a Learning Management System required, Canvas preferred.
- Must have excellent written, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- The ability to lift and maneuver independently up to 25 lbs
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain an annual teaching load according to Baker College’s Teaching and Workload Policy
- Provide leadership and instruction for Health Information Technology and other supplemental courses as needed
- Advise and counsel HIT students
- Assist with student tutoring when indicated
- Assist the Director with curriculum planning and revisions, textbook recommendations, ongoing program assessment and evaluation.
- Assist with Clinical Coordinator duties as assigned
- Collect and submit required assessment of student learning data
- Attend/participate in appropriate committees, projects, professional development training, and activities
- Other duties as assigned
Please submit cover letter and resume via email only by May 30th, 2022, in care of:
Baker College’s combined Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available to anyone. This report is required by federal law and contains policy statements and three years’ worth of crime statistics for the school. This report is available online at https://www.baker.edu/student-services/living/campus-safety. You may also request a paper copy from the Baker College Campus Safety office.