Lab Assistant – Veterinary Technology
Baker College of Jackson
Compensation: Compensation based on education and existing rates for similar positions within Baker College Professional Services, Inc.
Start Date: ASAP
Work Schedule: Up to 28 hours per week/ 52 weeks
Application Deadline: May 30th
About Baker College:
Baker College is committed to helping those who are dedicated to creating a better future for themselves and the world around them. We’re looking for faculty and other campus employees who share a similar vision for their own lives. As a Baker College employee, you’ll be making a difference every single day by helping the next generation of professionals prepare for great careers. Together, we can make great things happen. Please visit Baker.edu for more information. BakerProud!
DEI Council Mission/Vision:
Baker College strives to ensure that all of our programs, institutional goals and events, and commitments are open to all constituencies of students, staff, faculty, community members, employees and participants. As an institution of higher learning committed to new knowledge and innovation, we understand that true excellence and attainment comes from the diversity of individuals who are fully a part of all of our institutional endeavors. Please visit our DEI Page for more information.
Baker College Professional Services, Inc. seeks to hire an individual to be assigned to the position of ADJUNCT Baker College Professional Services, Inc. seeks to hire an individual to be assigned to the position of LAB ASSISTANT – VETERINARY TECHNOLOGY (PART-TIME) for the benefit of and to be located at Baker College of Jackson.
General Statement of Duties:
Assists the Program Director with student clinical training. Provides specific program expertise. Handles duties specific to the program’s affiliated sites.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Associate degree from an accredited college or university in Applied Science – Veterinary Technology with LVT credential required
- Experience with large animals preferred
- Two years’ clinical experience required
- Familiarity with competency and essential skills requirements of accrediting body (CVTEA)
- Familiarity with running in-house chemistry and hematology machines
- Must be knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Apps
- Must be knowledgeable in Avimark veterinary software
- Must have the ability to demonstrate and perform proper techniques associated with veterinary technology including restraint, venipuncture, surgical assist, nomenclature, anesthesia, hematology, diagnostic techniques, radiography, dental prophylaxis, and all other duties associated with veterinary technology
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists students during lab time on campus including
- Microscopy, clinical laboratory procedures, tissue and blood sample collection, anesthesia monitoring, and animal restraint
- Continuous Improvement
- Participate in veterinary team training for program support staff
- Perform housekeeping and other standard procedures common in a veterinary clinical setting, including medical records and maintenance of program specific equipment
- Assist Program Director with student files, surveys and schedules
- Presenting classroom instruction if needed in case of emergency
- Demonstration of proper techniques associated with veterinary technology including restraint, venipuncture, surgical assist, nomenclature, anesthesia, hematology, diagnostic techniques, radiography, dental prophylaxis, and other duties associated with veterinary technology
- Other duties as assigned
- Fear Free Level I Certification preferred
- Must be willing to travel to offsite locations when needed
Please submit cover letter and resume via email only by May 30, 2022, in care of:
Baker College’s combined Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available to anyone. This report is required by federal law and contains policy statements and three years’ worth of crime statistics for the school. This report is available online at https://www.baker.edu/student-services/living/campus-safety. You may also request a paper copy from the Baker College Campus Safety office.