Learning Lab Instructor
Baker College of Owosso
Compensation: Compensation based on education and existing rates for similar positions within Baker College Professional Services, Inc.
Start Date: TBD
ADI Operations Manager
Work Schedule: Monday-Thursday; 9:00 AM-3:00 PM
Application Deadline: June 6th
About Baker College:
Baker College is committed to helping those who are dedicated to creating a better future for themselves and the world around them. We’re looking for faculty and other campus employees who share a similar vision for their own lives. As a Baker College employee, you’ll be making a difference every single day by helping the next generation of professionals prepare for great careers. Together, we can make great things happen. Please visit Baker.edu for more information. BakerProud!
DEI Council Mission/Vision:
Baker College strives to ensure that all of our programs, institutional goals and events, and commitments are open to all constituencies of students, staff, faculty, community members, employees and participants. As an institution of higher learning committed to new knowledge and innovation, we understand that true excellence and attainment comes from the diversity of individuals who are fully a part of all of our institutional endeavors. Please visit our DEI Page for more information.
Available to: All Applicants
Baker College Professional Services, Inc. seeks to hire an individual to be assigned to the position of LEARNING LAB INSTRUCTOR (PART-TIME) for the benefit of and to be located at Baker College of Owosso.
General Statement of Duties:
The responsibility of the Learning Lab Instructor is to instruct adult students in the area of GED preparation, high school completion and remedial education. Enable students to realize their potential through learning lab course work
and creative learning.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor degree from an accredited college or university required; Education preferred
- Prefer experience in Adult Educational programs
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Must be organized, able to manage multiple responsibilities and priorities
- Must possess excellent human relations skills and be able work in a team environment
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Apps
- Knowledgeable and proficient in computer skills, which allows for the use of computer related technology
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and the general public
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the enrollment of students including transcript evaluation and appropriate course work selection
- Monitor and support students in the GED preparation and adult education learning lab
- Enable students to realize their potential both academically and socially
- Maintain complete, accurate and confidential student records, assuring security and documented progress.
- Assess and test students in applicable areas
- Provide early intervention and follow up with non-attending and/or underachieving students
- Guide ancillary opportunities such as work-study
- Provide potential graduates with information to make an informed decision regarding post-secondary institutions and potential scholarships
- Refer students to outside agencies when needed
- Other duties as assigned
Please submit cover letter and resume via email only by June 6, 2022, in care of:
Baker College’s combined Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available to anyone. This report is required by federal law and contains policy statements and three years’ worth of crime statistics for the school. This report is available online at https://www.baker.edu/student-services/living/campus-safety. You may also request a paper copy from the Baker College Campus Safety office.