Medical Director—Veterinary Technology
Baker College of Cadillac
Compensation: Compensation based on education and existing rates for similar positions within Baker College Professional Services, Inc.
Start Date: TBD
Program Director of Veterinary Technology
Work Schedule: Standard-Academic Contract
Application Deadline: May 30th
Baker College is committed to helping those who are dedicated to creating a better future for themselves and the world around them. We’re looking for faculty and other campus employees who share a similar vision for their own lives. As a Baker College employee, you’ll be making a difference every single day by helping the next generation of professionals prepare for great careers. Together, we can make great things happen. Please visit Baker.edu for more information. BakerProud!
DEI Council Mission/Vision:
Baker College strives to ensure that all of our programs, institutional goals and events, and commitments are open to all constituencies of students, staff, faculty, community members, employees and participants. As an institution of higher learning committed to new knowledge and innovation, we understand that true excellence and attainment comes from diversity of individuals who are fully a part of all of our institutional endeavors. Please visit our DEI Page for more information.
Available To: All Applicants
Baker College Professional Services, Inc. seeks to hire an individual to be assigned to the position of MEDICAL DIRECTOR – VETERINARY TECHNOLOGY (FULL-TIME) for the benefit of and to be located at Baker College of Cadillac.
General Statement of Duties:
The Medical Director for Veterinary Technology will facilitate classroom learning through multi-modal instruction. Additionally, the Director will be involved in the instruction of all veterinary technology laboratories pertaining to live patients.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an AVMA accredited program
- Minimum of 3 years of clinical practice required
- Active Licensure in the State of Michigan
- Drug enforcement Agency (DEA) License (or eligible for licensure)
- Licensed by the Michigan Board of Pharmacy
- Proficiency in basic small animal surgery required
- Equine/large animal experience preferred
- Degree in higher education or collegiate teaching experience preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform general surgeries
- Teach various courses involving veterinary medicine theory, laboratory and clinical curriculum
- Manage class and learning environments
- Deliver effective instruction
- Attend campus and system events
- Provide leadership within the Veterinary Technology Program in coordination with the Program Director
- Provide direction for all medical decisions
- Assist Program Director in ensuring “students’s first” quality program delivery
- Assist Program Director in determination of laboratory instruction and delivery protocol
- Approve purchase orders containing items associated with professional licensure (ex. pharmaceuticals, vaccines, medical supplies)
- Work with Program Director to assist with placement of students in clinical rotation
- Assist with acquisition of new clinical sites for student learning and externships
- Participate in the accreditation process
- Serve on advisory board
- Develop and maintain the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) and all associated records
- Work with lab coordinator to ensure all safety and educational standards are met in labs
- Engage in scholarly activities such as author publication(s), serve as an invited lecturer, and secure and utilize internal/external grants
- Pursue continuing education opportunities as required to maintain credentials
- Other duties as assigned
Please submit cover letter and resume via email by May 30, 2022, in care of:
Baker College’s combined Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available to anyone. This report is required by federal law and contains policy statements and three years’ worth of crime statistics for the school. This report is available online at https://my.baker.edu/icsfileserver/docs/departments/dept-info/campus-safety/annual-security-reports/Baker%20College%20-%20Annual%20Security%20Report.pdf. You may also request a paper copy from the Baker College Campus Safety office.