Baker College of Auburn Hills Metro Campus
Compensation: Compensation based on education and existing rates for similar positions within Baker College Professional Services, Inc.
Start Date: TBD
Campus Safety Director
Work Schedule: Varies and may include days, nights, weekends, or holidays; up to 28 hours per week
Application Deadline: Until Filled
AT BAKER COLLEGE. THIS POSTING WILL ALLOW YOU TO SUBMIT A RESUME OF INTEREST FOR THE POSITION. IF WE HAVE AN OPENING FOR A SAFETY OFFICER, AND YOU ARE QUALIFIED, WE WILL REACH OUT TO YOU FOR FURTHER CONSIDERATION.
Available To: All Applicants
Baker College Professional Services, Inc. seeks to hire individuals to be assigned to the positions of SAFETY OFFICER (PART-TIME) for the benefit of and to be located at Baker College of Auburn Hills Metro Campus.
General Statement of Duties:
The Safety Officer is responsible for general security, safety, and property protection duties for the college.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university with concentration in criminal justice or related field OR Two years work experience, full or part time, in law enforcement, military, or security required.
- Criminal Justice or related degree preferred
- Demonstrate and maintain proficiency with firearms
- Must maintain a valid Concealed Pistol License
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license
- Must maintain certification in First Aid, CPR/AED
- Must be knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Apps
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to lift and maneuver independently up to 50 lbs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Patrols assigned area on foot, in assigned motor vehicle, or other specialized vehicle to ensure personal, building, and equipment security.
- Examines doors, windows, and gates to ensure security; monitors closed buildings for unauthorized persons and/or suspicious activities.
- Informs and warns violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles.
- Provides escort services for visitors, students, staff, and faculty, as necessary; provides other public assistance, such as lockout services, jump-starts, and routine information.
- Watches for and reports irregularities, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergency situations; contacts emergency responders, such as police, fire, and/or ambulance personnel, as required.
- Remains alert for the presence of unauthorized persons and/or security code violators; approaches suspicious persons and/or notifies police as appropriate; may confront and/or detain violators, as required, until police arrive.
- May provide safe and efficient transportation to University employees and/or visitors, as requested, using an institutional vehicle.
- Patrols and monitors assigned parking areas and/or parking garages to provide public security and assistance.
- Investigate incidents/accidents and prepare routine, standardized incident reports.
- Serves as Campus Security Authority as outlined by the Clery Act.
- Act as desk officer when necessary.
- Assist municipal, county and state police agencies when appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
Please submit cover letter and resume via email by in care of:
Baker College’s combined Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available to anyone. This report is required by federal law and contains policy statements and three years’ worth of crime statistics for the school. This report is available online at https://www.baker.edu/student-services/living/campus-safety. You may also request a paper copy from the Baker College Campus Safety office.