Baker provided me with everything I needed to complete my education.
- Programs & Degrees
- Student Services
- The Baker Difference
- About Baker
- Campus Locations
Baker College Class Focuses on Impact and Market Strategies for Vogue TheatreApril 20, 2017
MANISTEE, MICHIGAN - A class of Baker College students is going to work to help quantify the impacts and potential marketing strategies for the Vogue Theatre. The Theatre was reopened in December 2013, backed by grants and donations of $2.1 million from 740 people and organizations and the volunteer work of over 300 individuals.
"Anecdotally, we know of many positive impacts on the Manistee community since the Vogue opened its doors," said Steve Brower, member of the Historic Vogue Theatre of Manistee nonprofit Board of Directors. "We feel that downtown businesses have benefitted and that several new businesses looked favorably on the Vogue in making a decision to locate in the City. We also feel that we have met our pledge to provide diverse and appealing film entertainment at a reasonable price. We're hoping that this Baker College study can help us get at the facts about the Theatre's impacts and steps we can take to reach an even broader audience of Theatre-goers."
The Baker College Class is Project Management 301 taught by Instructor Adam Hatchew. It is the most recent of several Baker College classes that have used real-word conditions in Manistee County as a theme for learning.
"One objective is to assess the economic impact of the Theatre on local businesses," says Hatchew. "The students will complete an analysis of the Theatre's strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. We will attempt to determine the impact of existing Vogue marketing programs and provide recommendations on ways marketing might be expanded. We also hope to do a community survey of businesses and we hope people will watch for an upcoming survey announcement and provide us input that will be invaluable." Hatchew said the project will be completed in early June.
"We believe this project will be a terrific win-win," said Brower. "Students will learn by focusing on the real world results of a major community project and develop recommendations about how we can achieve even greater results. At the same time, we will be receiving input about the Theatre's impact and influence to date and specific steps that we can take to make the Theatre even more successful."
Brower said that the need for the assessment was identified in an updated strategic plan for the Theatre that was facilitated by the Alliance for Economic Success.
- How do I apply for a student loan?Once you have applied for financial aid, you will receive a Financial Aid Notification package from the Financial Aid office. Your FAFSA serves as the application for the Student Loan. If it is determined that you qualify for student loan funds, the eligibility amounts will be listed on your award notification, and a student Loan Request Form will be included with the award package. The Loan Request Form must be completed and returned to the Financial Aid Office before the loan process can begin. If you are a new student and would like to request student loan funds to help cover your educational expenses you will need to:
- Complete the paper loan request form indicating the amount you would like to borrow.
- Sign and date the form.
- Return the form to the Financial Aid office.
- Log into the SOLAR system.
- Select STAR System.
- Select Financial Aid office.
- Select Loan Request.
- Select the appropriate financial aid year and click Continue.
- Select the type of loan you would like to request and click Continue.
- Read the Stafford Loan Request Authorization information and click I Agree.
- Type in the requested dollar amount and click Submit Request.
- How do online classes work?After you enroll, and are accepted to your online program, you sign-up, or "register" for your first courses. Like all Baker Online students, you will begin your online experience with a three-week online class designed to orient you to the Baker Online classroom, and review the expectations and requirements of Baker Online students. When you have completed this course successfully, you can move on to additional online courses.
- Is Baker College Online accredited?Baker Online is part of Baker College, a private, non-profit, accredited, degree granting, higher educational institution with locations throughout Michigan. As an accredited college, Baker College has been granted legal authority by the state of Michigan to operate as a nonprofit educational corporation and is empowered to grant certificates, associate, bachelor, master, and doctoral degrees. It is approved for veterans’ benefits. Baker College is recognized as an institution of higher education by the U.S. Secretary of Education, U.S. Department of Education. All Baker Online undergraduate and graduate programs are accredited by The Higher Learning Commission / 230 South LaSalle St., Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604-1411 / 800-621-7440 / www.ncahlc.org Baker College is an Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP) participant. Some Baker Online graduate programs have additional accreditation:
- The MBA program has international accreditation through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE).
- The Occupational Therapy program also has accreditation through The Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE).
- Does Baker provide any help in my job search?As a graduate of Baker College, you are eligible for our Lifetime Employment Services, which include:
- Job searching techniques
- Resume and cover letter assistance
- Job interview questions
- Job postings
- Relocation tips
- Is Baker accredited?Yes. Baker College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission / 230 South LaSalle St., Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604-1411 / 800-621-7440 / www.ncahlc.org. Baker College is an Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP) participant.
Baker has also earned specialized accreditations for programs and degrees in:
- Business Administration
- Engineering and Technology
- Health Sciences
- Human Services
- School of Education
- School of Nursing
- How can I send a copy of my official transcripts to another organization?To access your transcripts, log into the SOLAR System, select the Star System and select the Academic Office. Once there, click on the transcripts link.