I can honestly tell you that I would much rather have a Baker graduate….they have exceeded my expectations.
- Programs & Degrees
- Student Services
- The Baker Difference
- About Baker
- Campus Locations
Baker College One of First Two Institutions to Earn ‘Exemplary Endorsement’ for Online ProgramsJune 07, 2016
Consortium measures excellence to advance digital learning worldwide
The Online Learning Consortium (OLC) today announced that Baker College is one of the first two higher education institutions to earn the new OLC Quality Scorecard Exemplary Endorsement, which recognizes outstanding online learning programs.
OLC is the leading professional organization devoted to advancing the quality of digital learning worldwide. The other institution receiving the Exemplary Endorsement is the University of Wisconsin-LaCrosse. The Quality Scorecard was introduced in 2011; the Exemplary Endorsement is new this year.
“The concept of quality in online education can be elusive and complex,” said Kathleen Ives, D.M., CEO and executive director of OLC. “The OLC Quality Scorecard enables administrators to identify, measure and quantify elements of quality within their online education programs. Baker College and UWL offer tremendous models of excellence in online learning, and we are delighted to recognize their exemplary programs with the Quality Scorecard’s highest level of endorsement.”
The OLC Quality Scorecard uses research-based benchmarks and standards of excellence to help higher education institutions evaluate their online learning programs. Institutions use the scorecard to determine strengths and weaknesses of their programs, and to initiate planning efforts to address areas that require enhancement.
Jill Langen, Ph.D., Baker College Online/Center for Graduate Studies president, said, “This Exemplary Endorsement by a panel of our peers is further evidence that Baker College delivers an extremely high quality digital education to our students."
Baker College offers a doctoral degree in business administration, and master’s degrees in the fields of business, nursing, psychology, information systems, educational leadership and occupational therapy. Undergraduate degrees include certificate, associate or bachelor’s in business administration, computer information systems, nursing, health sciences, criminal justice and psychology, among others.
All programs can be completed without a visit to a Baker College campus; undergraduate degrees are also available via a blended program with a Baker College on-ground campus located throughout Michigan and in Reading, Pennsylvania.
Peer Review and Endorsement
The interactive OLC Quality Scorecard is completed by the institution and submitted for peer review.
Institutions scoring 180 or higher are granted the OLC Seal of Endorsement, valid for two years. Institutions like Baker College that score 202 or higher are granted an additional seal, acknowledging and verifying their “exemplary” programs, which are endorsed for a period of three years.
More information about the OLC Quality Scorecard is available at http://onlinelearningconsortium.org/consult/quality-scorecard.
- How do I apply for a student loan?Once you have applied for financial aid, you will receive a Financial Aid Notification package from the Financial Aid office. Your FAFSA serves as the application for the Student Loan. If it is determined that you qualify for student loan funds, the eligibility amounts will be listed on your award notification, and a student Loan Request Form will be included with the award package. The Loan Request Form must be completed and returned to the Financial Aid Office before the loan process can begin. If you are a new student and would like to request student loan funds to help cover your educational expenses you will need to:
- Complete the paper loan request form indicating the amount you would like to borrow.
- Sign and date the form.
- Return the form to the Financial Aid office.
- Log into the SOLAR system.
- Select STAR System.
- Select Financial Aid office.
- Select Loan Request.
- Select the appropriate financial aid year and click Continue.
- Select the type of loan you would like to request and click Continue.
- Read the Stafford Loan Request Authorization information and click I Agree.
- Type in the requested dollar amount and click Submit Request.
- How do online classes work?After you enroll, and are accepted to your online program, you sign-up, or "register" for your first courses. Like all Baker Online students, you will begin your online experience with a three-week online class designed to orient you to the Baker Online classroom, and review the expectations and requirements of Baker Online students. When you have completed this course successfully, you can move on to additional online courses.
- Is Baker College Online accredited?Baker Online is part of Baker College, a private, non-profit, accredited, degree granting, higher educational institution with locations throughout Michigan. As an accredited college, Baker College has been granted legal authority by the state of Michigan to operate as a nonprofit educational corporation and is empowered to grant certificates, associate, bachelor, master, and doctoral degrees. It is approved for veterans’ benefits. Baker College is recognized as an institution of higher education by the U.S. Secretary of Education, U.S. Department of Education. All Baker Online undergraduate and graduate programs are accredited by The Higher Learning Commission / 230 South LaSalle St., Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604-1411 / 800-621-7440 / www.ncahlc.org Baker College is an Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP) participant. Some Baker Online graduate programs have additional accreditation:
- The MBA program has international accreditation through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE).
- The Occupational Therapy program also has accreditation through The Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE).
- Does Baker provide any help in my job search?As a graduate of Baker College, you are eligible for our Lifetime Employment Services, which include:
- Job searching techniques
- Resume and cover letter assistance
- Job interview questions
- Job postings
- Relocation tips
- Is Baker accredited?Yes. Baker College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission / 230 South LaSalle St., Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604-1411 / 800-621-7440 / www.ncahlc.org. Baker College is an Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP) participant.
Additional AccreditationsBaker has also earned specialized accreditations for programs and degrees in:
- Business Administration
- Engineering and Technology
- Health Sciences
- Human Services
- School of Education
- School of Nursing
- How can I send a copy of my official transcripts to another organization?To access your transcripts, log into the SOLAR System, select the Star System and select the Academic Office. Once there, click on the transcripts link.