During my second semester, I had a job offer, and by the third, I was employed in two different agencies.
- Programs & Degrees
- Student Services
- The Baker Difference
- About Baker
- Campus Locations
Baker College can help you achieve your personal, professional goals
Welcome and thank you for visiting the Baker College website. Since 1911, Baker College has been dedicated to its mission “to provide quality higher education and training which enable graduates to be successful throughout challenging and rewarding careers.”
Driven by this mission, and guided by our principles, Baker College is dedicated to providing a meaningful educational experience for every individual student. Whether you are a high school student, an adult considering higher education or skill advancement, or a college graduate seeking advanced studies, Baker College will help you achieve your personal and professional goals.
Baker College is committed to academic excellence in all of its degree programs. Operating as a career-focused college, designing curriculum to meet student career needs and the employment market is at the core of everything we do. Academic excellence begins with our high-quality faculty who hold the appropriate educational credentials, possess credible professional work experience, and demonstrate the remarkable ability to assimilate educational theory into practice.
Additionally, up-to-date infrastructure and contemporary learning tools are essential components to ensure our students experience a continual environment of academic excellence. Consequently, Baker College maintains campus facilities with state-of-the-art classrooms and hands-on laboratories, and provides faculty and students with high-tech, advanced technological tools for teaching and learning.
For more than 100 years, Baker College has been meeting the needs of students and employers by providing quality academic programs and producing skilled and proficient graduates. We remain committed to serving our communities to advance their economic growth and sustainability.
From certificate programs to doctorate degrees, Baker College offers a wide array of programs (more than 100) representing a variety of academic disciplines. I encourage you to schedule an interview with one of our professional admissions officers to discuss how Baker College’s academic programs align with your educational and career goals.
Bart Daig, Ph.D.
- How do I apply for a student loan?Once you have applied for financial aid, you will receive a Financial Aid Notification package from the Financial Aid office. Your FAFSA serves as the application for the Student Loan. If it is determined that you qualify for student loan funds, the eligibility amounts will be listed on your award notification, and a student Loan Request Form will be included with the award package. The Loan Request Form must be completed and returned to the Financial Aid Office before the loan process can begin. If you are a new student and would like to request student loan funds to help cover your educational expenses you will need to:
- Complete the paper loan request form indicating the amount you would like to borrow.
- Sign and date the form.
- Return the form to the Financial Aid office.
- Log into the SOLAR system.
- Select STAR System.
- Select Financial Aid office.
- Select Loan Request.
- Select the appropriate financial aid year and click Continue.
- Select the type of loan you would like to request and click Continue.
- Read the Stafford Loan Request Authorization information and click I Agree.
- Type in the requested dollar amount and click Submit Request.
- How do online classes work?After you enroll, and are accepted to your online program, you sign-up, or "register" for your first courses. Like all Baker Online students, you will begin your online experience with a three-week online class designed to orient you to the Baker Online classroom, and review the expectations and requirements of Baker Online students. When you have completed this course successfully, you can move on to additional online courses.
- Is Baker College Online accredited?Baker Online is part of Baker College, a private, non-profit, accredited, degree granting, higher educational institution with locations throughout Michigan. As an accredited college, Baker College has been granted legal authority by the state of Michigan to operate as a nonprofit educational corporation and is empowered to grant certificates, associate, bachelor, master, and doctoral degrees. It is approved for veterans’ benefits. Baker College is recognized as an institution of higher education by the U.S. Secretary of Education, U.S. Department of Education. All Baker Online undergraduate and graduate programs are accredited by The Higher Learning Commission / 230 South LaSalle St., Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604-1411 / 800-621-7440 / www.ncahlc.org Baker College is an Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP) participant. Some Baker Online graduate programs have additional accreditation:
- The MBA program has international accreditation through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE).
- The Occupational Therapy program also has accreditation through The Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE).
- Does Baker provide any help in my job search?As a graduate of Baker College, you are eligible for our Lifetime Employment Services, which include:
- Job searching techniques
- Resume and cover letter assistance
- Job interview questions
- Job postings
- Relocation tips
- Is Baker accredited?Yes. Baker College is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission / 230 South LaSalle St., Suite 7-500, Chicago, IL 60604-1411 / 800-621-7440 / www.ncahlc.org. Baker College is an Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP) participant.
Baker has also earned specialized accreditations for programs and degrees in:
- Business Administration
- Engineering and Technology
- Health Sciences
- Human Services
- School of Education
- School of Nursing
- How can I send a copy of my official transcripts to another organization?To access your transcripts, log into the SOLAR System, select the Star System and select the Academic Office. Once there, click on the transcripts link.