Medical Laboratory Technician
The mission of Baker College Medical Laboratory Technician program is to provide the healthcare community with competent entry-level clinical laboratory technicians.
The goal of the Baker College MLT program is to provide students with a quality higher education and prepare them to be competent as entry-level medical laboratory technicians.
- The graduate will follow standard precautions and quality assurance to ensure safety and accuracy in clinical laboratory testing.
- The graduate will apply didactic knowledge related to the MLT program including the disciplines of hematology, immunohematology, chemistry, microbiology, and all aspects set by the guidelines and standards of the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS).
- The graduate will demonstrate proficiency in the clinical skills of an entry-level medical laboratory technician.
- The graduate will use effective oral and written communication with healthcare professionals and customers.
- The graduate will apply critical thinking skills in the areas of pre-analytical, analytical, and post-analytical processes.
- The graduate will model professional and ethical behavior following standards set forth by the American Society for Clinical Laboratory Science (ASCLS).