Program Outcomes - Practical Nurse
- The graduate will be able to incorporate theories and concepts derived from nursing, the humanities, and the biological and social sciences in the practice of nursing.
- The graduate will be able to apply selected components of the nursing process in providing individualized care to the client with commonly occurring health problems and predictable outcomes, under the supervision of a licensed registered nurse or licensed physician.
- The graduate will be able to collaborate in a multi-disciplinary environment to promote quality health care that is coordinated, safe, cost-effective and client-responsive.
- The graduate will be able to utilize human and technological modes of communication needed to provide culturally sensitive care to the client and family.
- The graduate will be able to employ critical thinking to formulate professional judgments that support the practice of safe competent nursing.
- The graduate will be able to provide care to clients in need of prevention and early detection of health care deficits.
- The graduate will be able to provide nursing care for a group of clients experiencing chronic alterations in health care status, in various settings, under supervision.
- The graduate will be able to assume responsibility and accountability for ethical behavior consistent with the principles and standards of professional nursing and legal scope of practice of the practical nurse.