Physical Therapist Assistant
Enroll at Baker College
An online application is available for Undergraduate and Graduate admission.
Returning students do not need to re-apply. Please contact the Academic Office on the campus that you plan to attend about returning to Baker College.
It is strongly recommended that each student meet and discuss the specific requirements for acceptance into the Physical Therapist Assistant program with the program coordinator/director of his/her campus. Students are responsible for obtaining an application packet. The application packet will include a PTA program clinical observation requirement form, a physical therapy observation experience form, three recommendation forms, a waiver form and a PTA program application form. Application packets will not be accepted without all of the following compiled:
- Physical Therapy Observation Experience Form: The student must complete 20 documented hours of clinical observation in a physical therapy setting or settings of the student's choice. Students may be required to complete their observation hours at more than one clinical site. Students document the name of the facility/facilities, dates of observation, hours, what he/she observed, and have a PT or PTA signature.
- Recommendation Forms: The student is responsible for having three individuals complete a recommendation form on his/her behalf and have them sent directly to the program coordinator/director. The persons completing the recommendations should be professional's who know the student. They should not be friends or family members.
- Program Student Acknowledgement: The student must complete the waiver form, which states the student understands and agrees to comply with the Physical Therapist Assistant program requirements.
- Application Form: The student must complete an application form. A new application will be required each time the student applies to the program.
- All background checks must be completed by Friday Week 7 of the Application Quarter.
The student must submit all of the listed application materials no later than the deadline specified: Allen Park and Flint students: Spring Quarter - Friday Week 5, Full-time Technical Program.
- Auburn Hills students: Fall Quarter - Friday Week 5 (Application packet available Fall Quarter Week 1).
- The HOBET exam will be offered during the Quarter in which applications are due. Dates and times are campus specific. The HOBET exam may be taken 2 times total, not more than once in 12 months.
- Muskegon students: Spring Quarter - Friday Week 5, Full-time Technical Program; November 1, Extended Technical Program.
Students must successfully complete all academic requirements by the end of the quarter in which he/she is applying. Online classes may extend beyond this deadline and will not be eligible for fulfillment of application requirements.
Students may not apply to the same program on multiple campuses in a given application period.
Full acceptance into the professional track of some programs is limited due to clinical site availability. Students compete to earn acceptance into these programs. Selection criteria have been developed to choose the most qualified students for limited enrollment programs. Students who have successfully completed the conditional acceptance requirements for their program are eligible to apply for full acceptance in to the professional track of the program. Refer to the program information supplement for program specific details on the application process, the criteria used, and the courses used in the GPA calculations.
Once selected through the limited enrollment criteria, for full acceptance into a program, students must complete program requirements including, but not limited to: program specific orientations, background checks, drug screens, etc. Please contact your campus official for additional information.