Physical Therapist Assistant
Enroll at Baker College
An online application is available for Undergraduate and Graduate admission.
Returning students do not need to re-apply. Please contact the Academic Office on the campus that you plan to attend about returning to Baker College.
It is strongly recommended that each student meet and discuss the specific requirements for acceptance into the Physical Therapist Assistant program with the program coordinator/director of his/her campus. Students are responsible for obtaining an application packet. The application packet will include a PTA program clinical observation requirement form, a physical therapy observation experience form, three recommendation forms, a waiver form and a PTA program application form. Application packets will not be accepted without all of the following compiled:
- Clinical Observation Requirement Form: This form provides guidelines for the required clinical observation experience. Students must read, sign, and return with the application.
- Physical Therapy Observation Experience Form: The student must complete 32 documented hours of clinical observation in a physical therapy setting or settings of the student's choice. Students may be required to complete their observation hours at more than one clinical site. Students document the name of the facility/facilities, dates of observation, hours, what he/she observed, and have a PT or PTSA signature.
- Recommendation Forms: The student is responsible for having three individuals complete a recommendation form on his/her behalf and have them sent directly to the program coordinator/director. The persons completing the recommendations should be professional's who know the student. They should not be friends or family members.
- Program Student Acknowledgement: The student must complete the waiver form, which states the student understands and agrees to comply with the Physical Therapist Assistant program requirements.
- Application Form: The student must complete an application form. A new application will be required each time the student applies to the program.
The student must submit all of the listed application materials no later than the deadline specified: May 15: Full-time, Technical Program (Allen Park, Flint, and Muskegon) and November 1: Extended, Technical Program (Muskegon). The deadline for Auburn Hills is Friday of week 10 of the fall quarter.
The student must successfully complete all academic requirements by the end of the quarter prior to the selection process.
Students may not apply to the same program on multiple campuses in a given application period.
Full acceptance into the professional track of some programs is limited due to clinical site availability. Students compete to earn acceptance into these programs. Selection criteria have been developed to choose the most qualified students for limited enrollment programs. Students who have successfully completed the conditional acceptance requirements for their program are eligible to apply for full acceptance in to the professional track of the program. Refer to the program information supplement for program specific details on the application process, the criteria used, and the courses used in the GPA calculations.
Once selected through the limited enrollment criteria, for full acceptance into a program, students must complete program requirements including, but not limited to: program specific orientations, background checks, drug screens, etc. Please contact your campus official for additional information.