- Melissa Kupiec, CRT, RRT (2011)
- When I signed up at Baker College, I knew that I wanted to pursue a career in Respiratory Care. What I didn’t know was that along with all of my knowledge I would become part of a family. Not only did I get the knowledge I needed to pass my boards, but I knew that somebody cared. I had a dream, and my teachers helped me make it happen. At times it was tough, because expectations were high, but I soon realized it was only for my benefit. When there were struggles, the instructors and classmates were always there for me. I know I wouldn’t be able to get the experience that I did anywhere else.
As for the clinical aspect, I got to experience life changing events with my patients. There is nothing more rewarding then seeing what you can do with your own two hands. The program was more than I thought it would be. My eyes have been opened to endless opportunities.
- Erin Kelch, BBA, CRT, RRT (2011)
- My experience with the respiratory care program at Baker College was one of the most challenging times of my life; however, it was also the most rewarding. I was blown away by the knowledge of my teachers and the experience they brought to my learning experience.
I was so proud of myself because of the very difficult material that I was able to understand. Because of the preparation I was given at Baker, I was able to pass all board exams the first time. I am truly looking forward to a fulfilling career in respiratory care and have Baker’s exceptional teachers to thank.
- Jacqueline Komerska, first-year student (2011)
- Being accepted into the Respiratory Care Program at Baker College of Auburn Hills has changed my life. I attended two schools before I found my niche at Baker. I could not have asked for a better experience in my education. The program has enabled me to see that my dreams of becoming a therapist are within arm’s reach. It has given me real life experience at various hospitals.
My family has told me that they have never seen a person so passionate about what they want to do, and I’m sure that the passion I have for respiratory care has only been enhanced by the wonderful teachers I’ve had at Baker. The respiratory care program has helped me flourish and have the confidence I now have in the profession of respiratory care.
- Holly Wiegand, first-year student (2011)
- Looking back at my first year in Baker College's Respiratory Care program, I am amazed at how much I have learned. The instructors are extremely knowledgeable in the field and are excellent at communicating that knowledge to their students. My clinical experiences have also been exceptional. I just can't believe how far I have come in the last year. I know I made the right choice when I came to Baker in large part due to their commitment to the students.
- Felix Nelson, first-year student (2011)
- I believe this program is preparing me for what I believe will be my life long career. The class instruction, together with the clinical experiences, is excellent. I have learned so much in a short period of time. I am always learning something new in clinicals. It is very hard and intense work, but well worth it.
- Carrie Gurski, BBA, RRT, CRT (2011)
- I cannot say enough GOOD things about the Respiratory Care program! The instructors are great and they have a genuine interest in each student. They wanted me to succeed as much as I wanted to succeed. Upon graduation I was thoroughly prepared to successfully pass the board exams and begin a new, exciting career!
- Sarah Lopiccola, CRT, RRT (2011)
- My experience at Baker College put me on the path to a career that I truly love. I have found confidence in myself, knowing that I carry the knowledge to help others, and feeling rewarded in the work that I do. I have made lifelong friends with my classmates and I have mentors who I know will be there for me to give advice and help when they can. After 2 years, I've come so far and I know my professional future will be a success.