The mission of the Veterinary Technology program at Baker College is to provide both didactic and clinical education to prepare students to enter and enhance the veterinary health care team and the competent care of animals by providing a skill set that includes clinical proficiency, critical thinking and strong communication.
To this end, the following purposes have been established:
- To prepare students for competency in the knowledge of animal health and veterinary issue.
- To prepare students to confidently and effectively perform the essential skills and tasks commonly encountered in veterinary facilities.
- To provide general education which expands students’ horizons, develops strong communication skills, and encourages critical thinking.
- To encourage social and classroom related activities, which promote both personal and professional growth.
- To assist graduates throughout their careers in securing employment and improving career opportunities.
- To promote the image and prestige of the veterinary technician profession by encouraging professional behavior and community service.