Students applying for admission to a graduate program must submit the following items:
- A completed application and $25.00 application fee.
- A typed essay (500-1000 words) addressing the student’s reasons for entering the program. A form and detailed instructions are included in the admissions packet or available on the Web.
- Official college transcripts with degree posted from a regionally accredited college or university. Official college transcripts must be mailed from the institution granting the degree directly to the Center for Graduate Studies.
- Current resume indicating at least three years of full-time work experience.
- Competence in both written and oral English is required for international students. This is shown by a median score on the CELT (Comprehensive English Language Test) or a score of 570 or better (235 computer-based) on the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) exam.
- (Optional) GMAT or GRE scores may be submitted if the student wants Baker College to consider the scores in the admissions decision.
- Send application material that was not submitted online by mail to:
Center for Graduate Studies
1116 West Bristol Road
Flint, MI 48507
Baker College will base admissions decisions for each individual using the following guidelines as indicators of
- Possess a bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Have a 2.5 or better GPA (4.0 Scale) in undergraduate work.
- Having completed no less than three years of full-time work experience.
- Be able to display appropriate communication skills.
In cases where there is insufficient evidence of probable success, the graduate school may require the student to take specific undergraduate courses, until the student has demonstrated an ability to succeed at the graduate level.
Once submitted, the student’s completed application packet will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee. The committee will carefully consider the complete package and make a decision on that basis. The committee may recommend admission of a student who is lacking in one standard, such as undergraduate GPA, if the student demonstrates outstanding performance indicators in other areas.
Baker College's Master of Business Administration, Master of Science in Information Systems, and Master of Science in Industrial/Organizational Psychology are offered in a 100% online format. Instead of presenting necessary core information through repetitive classes, graduate students at Baker will work in and through interactive computer links, discussion boards, and sometimes groups.
Additionally, students are required to have their own personal computer, shared computers or public computers are not allowed. Please review the technical requirements for computers.
- An MBA or related master's degree from a U.S. school accredited by one of the regional accrediting associations, or from a non-U.S. institution with comparable accreditation. Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. (ECE) must evaluate a degree awarded from a non-U.S. institution as equivalent to a master's degree awarded by a U.S. institution.
- A minimum grade point average of 3.25 on a 4.0 in their master's course work.
- International students must either have completed a bachelor's or master's degree at a university where English is the language of instruction; or have a minimum 575 score on the paper-based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or a minimum 235 score on the computer-based TOEFL.
- A minimum of five years of professional experience in business, management or administration.
- Three professional references.
- Completed application form and application fee.
- Writing sample.
- Access to a computer and the internet.